SIGNAL CONVERTING - 0-1Vac to Vdc or 4..20mA

hello,

I need to read with a data logger a signal from a current clamp.
The current clamp have a signal output between 0 and 1 alternating voltage.

My data logger can only read signal on direct voltage between 0 and 2.5V or with a current signal of 4..20mA.

Someone knows if it's possible to do that kind of conversion on Arduino.

Thank you

Have a look at the open energy monitor site for circuit suggestions. Learn: Electricity Monitoring — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

You could use a rectifier to make it 0 to 1 volt DC, then use something like an ADS1115 available everywhere. The AdaFruit design is a 4 channel 16 bit Analog to Digital converter with programmable gain. Setting it to 4x would put it into the range you want to read. I would use some zener diodes to protect the input.

If you don't need that kind of resolution, you could us an Arduino Due that has 2 12 bit analog inputs and a slew of analog outputs. Easy to do. I am for hire for design, prototyping and programming.

I have designed my Bus-Master that can use up to 12 of these giving 48 channels. My circuits are designed around the ADS1115 for reading 4-20 mA and I have other circuits for 4-20 out and frequency inputs to use on the same bus. My Bus-Master is going out to the board shop this week and it uses an Arduino Nano board that plugs into the Bus-Master to store calibration data, range data and out put the calculated readings via RS-485 or RS-232. A whole series of input and output modules are in the works for this Bus-Master.