Strugling with RTC

I have tried the program with the " " and also with the < > around the RTClib and neither will allow my laptop screen to print the clock functions. I have adjuster the baud rate to match the sketch with no luck. I have read many posts on several different websites with no success. Without the ability to see (on the screen) the results of the uploaded sketch I don't know if my RTC is programmed with the correct time or not.

I even went back to some of my old learning sketches to see if the print-to-screen commands work OK. They do. I even experimented with changing the baud rates and everything seems to work OK.

I'm completely puzzled with nowhere to turn. We're getting ready for planting season and the farm is very busy these days. I was hoping to have the Arduino controlled door opener issues solved before the spring rush. We're working 12 to 16 hours a day. Very frustrating.

Is there anyone out there who can help me? I think if I can just get something to work I could continue on my own.

Thanks.