Go Down

Topic: Multimeter using uno (Read 771 times) previous topic - next topic

Rajnist

Jul 17, 2017, 09:07 am Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017, 06:31 pm by Rajnist

Hello all!
I aim  to make a multimeter using Arduino which would measure voltages as high as 100V and as low as 1~0.005V.
How should I start ? What are the hardwares required ??... please help  :)
 Thanks

ieee488

please help someone!!!!
Please help what?

Give you complete working code?
If so, I suggest you advertise your project and pay someone to do the work.

Paul_KD7HB

The aim is to make a multimeter using Arduino which would measure voltages as high as 250V and as low as 1~0.005V.
Added to that a high precision ammeter .... would suffice my needs..... please help someone!!!!:)  :)  :) Thanks
Why?

Paul

MarkT

There are various chips which implement multimeter functionality, and some support a serial protocol as
well as driving an LCD display.  My multimeter for instance has serial USB support (opto-isolated) uses
the FS9922-DM4.  That's probably ancient chip by now, but there is a datasheet at least!
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

RIN67630

Hello all!
I aim  to make a multimeter using Arduino which would measure voltages as high as 100V and as low as 1~0.005V.
How should I start ? What are the hardwares required ??... please help  :)
 Thanks
The most suitable (and far cheapest) hardware will be... a multimeter.

allanhurst

Given any arduino has a poor reference for it's a/d, whatever you do it won't be very accurate unless calibrated - and even then the temperature coefficient is poor as well.

Allan

hammy

There is also the problem of dealing with hazardous voltages , not a great beginners project

mrguen

Hello Rajnist

I consider doing the same project. Here is an interesting one http://www.instructables.com/id/Digital-multimeter-shield-for-Arduino/  It gives good  fundamental knowledge but If I was to design a multimeter I would not reinvent the wheel, and I don't expect very accurate results from this, so I would choose the option of MarkT and use a dedicated chip. Here we face a couple of  problems:
1.   these chips are expensive
2.   they nevertheless require additional circuitry that need quite a lot of study
3.   I would not design a board for voltages above 30 volts
4.   most of them work directly with a segment display. Some are designed with a microcontroller, that is the trend nowadays but I don't know where to find the right chip.

Let me know about this project.

Go Up