Boston, Lincs, UK i.e. the original ?

Anyone into Arduinos etc.... Around the east coast .....??

Yes, there's a bunch of us in the Boston, MA, USA area not too far from the east coast 8)

CrossRoads:
Yes, there's a bunch of us in the Boston, MA, USA area not too far from the east coast 8)

Wrong continent Crossroads.

That's why I added the smart-ass smiley face :wink:
Same Northern hemisphere at least :smiley:

Hi Croosroads (interesting name)...

Can not decide whether to catch a plane or carry on in solitary confinement.

.. being as I run a not for profit company (not intentionally) I suppose solitary confinement wins.
If you happen to be passing drop in for a sandwich..
Directions are as simple as assembler...
get a plane to Heathrow
Drive north up the A!
turn left at Peterborough
Carry on till the end of the earth, carry on 15 more miles
Turn left and pray. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Richard

I don't think I'll be traveling to the UK anytime soon. Thanks for the invite tho :slight_smile:

CrossRoads comes from my fencing club, www.crossroadsfencing.com
I live in a small city that has been referred to as the crossroads of our area,
and our club symbol resembles tje set of highway on/off ramps near us, as well as the set of circular parries common in fencing:
Google Maps
Little easier to find coming out of Boston: I-90 West about 25 miles, I-495 north a couple of exits, east on Rt 20, south on Rt 85, driveway is right after the Central Fire Station. If you're in the area ... 8)

RichardM:
Directions are as simple as assembler...
get a plane to Heathrow
Drive north up the A!
turn left at Peterborough
Carry on till the end of the earth, carry on 15 more miles
Turn left and pray. :slight_smile:

No wonder your getting lost, I would suggest you use the A1 and turn right at Peterborough :slight_smile:
For me it would be via the god awful A17. Look for a place called Beyond on google maps and I live at the back of it. XD

Well I live in the USA - but in this case it stands for "the Uther Side of Accrington"

Grumpy_Mike:
Well I live in the USA - but in this case it stands for "the Uther Side of Accrington"

To London we are all just northerners.

I looked up Accrington & London,

Seemed like a long distance when I first started zooming out on the map - and then I realized the distance is only slightly over half way to my inlaws

Seemed like a long distance when I first started zooming out on the map

They do say to an English man 100 miles is a long way and to an America a 100 years is a long time.

Actually I live just the London side of Accrington in a small place called Hasligden.

100 miles is not far, I can drive 100 miles and still be in our little state.
100 years ago, and aviation (heavier than air craft, not balloons) was just getting off the ground!
I am amazed at the number of people who are living that long now. I can't imagine what the next 50 years of my life might be like.

100 miles may not be far when driving on real roads.
When they sailed on the Mayflower they did so 'cause they were fed up with the ruts in the farmtracks. It took them tonger to travel to Norfolk than it did to sail to the 'Land of the fee" oops free , nope fee.
Trouble is I think they took all the road engineers with them which is why you have all the straight roads and we still have the same farm tracks,but, they now have a couple of hundred years worth of accumulated potholes.
(Pothole is a local term for crevasse.
Oh and referring to left and rights perhaps that's why it takes me so long to get home!

cheers..
Richard

But the roads all look so good, altho narrow, on the Brit shows we have here!
We spent a week in Hemel-Hempsted a few years ago, driving around the "magic roundabout", 6 small rotarys arranged in a large rotary,

and I don't recall the roads there being bad. We didn't get to venture that far away, taking the train into London a couple times, going to Legoland down in Windsor, and seeing one of the palaces (also in Windsor?).

and seeing one of the palaces (also in Windsor?).

Apparently Americans ask why they built Windsor Castle so close to the airport.

I was in the Lake District in England (where I also live part of the time). I wan in the pub next to Beatrix Potter's house an a American walker who was traumatized by a Taxi ride. She complained that he went so fast so close to solid stone walls.

What a wimp! Must not have been from one of the bigger cities here.

I have just started with Arduino and (just to confuse our American friends) I am just a bit south west of New York. My background is software.