Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi,

any idea how to work with livolo dimmers? It seems this code working with switches only but dimmers has some different codes.

I have 4 button and 20 buttons transmitters for this dimmers/switches and it work. But arduino code works with switches only.

Maybe someone can point to link to decode RF signal from remote? (need decoder to get id and button key, not just lib to get pulses).
Project Guidance / Re: Remote input and outputs
Last post by rockwallaby - Today at 01:53 pm
Rookie, you write:
Sorry if I'm a little vague, I'm a PLC and hmi guy
Being a PLC and HMI, in my books, would mean you would not be vague.

Just to let you know, I do both, PLC/SCADA and micro-controllers, so, feet in both camps on this.

So, I am having some difficulty in understanding what you write.
Are you saying the switches are at one end and the lights at the other end, if not, can you better describe the layout for us ?

I think 30 foot paces would be about 10m, correct ?
Are you wanting any form of control at both ends or only one end ?
What restrictions to the thing that ties the two ends together, such as barriers to cables wires, RF ?

I guess you know in the industrial world of PLC and SCADA, we like to engineer things, but first, a concise and clear description is what is really needed.
Last post by wvmarle - Today at 01:52 pm
K, clearly I'm not getting anywhere here. I'll figure out. No worries.
That's because you don't give the needed information. Without complete and unambiguous information on what you're trying to do, you can't get anywhere. Please remember that we have NO CLUE of what you want to do until YOU TELL ABOUT IT.
If you feel you're not getting anywhere it's because you don't give the information needed to work with. No photos, no proposed schematics, no details on the components used, no word on the purpose of the project, not even on WHY there has to be such a distance.

I can get 30 feet, getting closer is just impractical, not impossible, but I don't feel like grabbing a ladder everytime I have to go up
/quote]

This also doesn't make sense. Why would you put either the Arduino (or the buttons - which makes even less sense as somehow you will want to be able to operate them) in such a hard to reach place?

What is it what you're actually trying to accomplish?

It's mechanical switches and indicator lights

[...]

Sorry if I'm a little vague, I'm a PLC and hmi guy, this is a new area for me
And that's why you're getting all those questions.
What kind of indicator lights (LED, light bulb, strobe, search light)? How much power do they need?
What kind of switches? Push button or on/off switch or something different entirely?
Français / Re: Capteur anémomètre
Last post by kamill - Today at 01:52 pm
Je n'ai pas trouvé de schéma, mais sur la photo on voit des résistances qui sont sans doute des pullups.

Dans le doute tu peux activer le pullup interne par
Code: [Select]
pinMode(pinANEMO, INPUT_PULLUP);
Deutsch / Re: Schrittmotorendstufe anste...
Last post by JHartig - Today at 01:51 pm
nee ist nur für's Testen.

Allerdings hätte ich gerne noch eine Anzeige der Drehgeschwingikeit mittel i2c LCD, dafür kannman dann ja ggf den Delay befehl etwaqsa kleiner machen, da das ganze nur füe den Vorschub der X-Achse ist kommt es auch nicht so drauf an bei paar Umdrehungen wenige ist nicht schlimm   
I found replacement for this relpol.

http://www.tme.eu/gb/details/g2rl-2-5dc/miniature-electromagnetic-relays/omron/g2rl-2-5vdc/

It has 80mA.

Then I can drive all relays from tpic?
LEDs and Multiplexing / Re: 2pcs 74HC595 with 16ch led...
Last post by Wawa - Today at 01:49 pm
Can't you drive that nais one with a transistor, straight from the MCU.
The TPIC should be able to switch the rest (both 96mA ones on double outputs).
Could always glue on a small heatsink if it gets hot (doubt it).
Only a test will tell.
Leo..
Project Guidance / Re: Soft power and Arduino nan...
Last post by DaveHKent - Today at 01:48 pm
Thanks for all the help both of you.

As a final (hopefully) question, do the following components sound suitable?:
IRFU5305 P-channel Hexfet Power MOSFET 
   http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/electronic-components/mosfet/irfu5305-p-mosfet

BC548B NPN General Purpose Transistor
   http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/electronic-components/transistors/bc548-npn-transistor

Français / Re: Projet Control module
Last post by trimarco232 - Today at 01:45 pm
mais les HEX doivent être identique
Bonjour,
on peut le supposer, mais le mieux c'est de s'en assurer
cela permet en outre de vérifier le fonctionnement de chaque maillon de toute la boucle
Programming Questions / Re: Is this Right?
Last post by TomGeorge - Today at 01:44 pm
Hi,
What model Arduino are you using?

Tom... :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10