Go Down

Topic: MIDIUSB Library on Arduino Due (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

AInvisibleNInja

The Arduino website says that you can use the MIDIUSB library to make a MIDI instrument using the Arduino Due. Here is the link to the webpage: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/MidiDevice

It's on the first line on the webpage. The problem is, every time I go to compile the code it says "#error MIDIUSB can only be used with an USB MCU." and doesn't get any further than that. I have never used a Due before so I might just be doing something wrong, but I really don't understand what it is. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

pert

Do you have Arduino Due selected in the Tools > Board menu?

AInvisibleNInja

Mar 10, 2017, 04:07 am Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 04:13 am by AInvisibleNInja
Yes, I have Arduino Duemilanove selected (which I assume is the long name for Due although I've never seen it before now) and I have the default processor and programmer selected. Also, I am running a variation of the code attached to that web link, but I don't think that matters because I can't even get it to compile in the first place. And I have tried using both the programming port and the standard USB port and neither worked. And I read that the footprint of the Due is the same as the Mega 2560, so I even tried that as well but it didn't help. I'm about to try updating my Arduino IDE to see if that changes anything.

pert

Yes, I have Arduino Duemilanove selected (which I assume is the long name for Due although I've never seen it before now)
Wrong. That's a completely different board that does not have native USB, thus the problem. You need to install the Arduino SAM Boards package:
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager
  • Wait for downloads to complete
  • Click on the "Arduino SAM Boards" entry
  • Click "Install"
  • Wait for installation to complete
  • Click "Close"
  • Tools > Board > Arduino Due - which of those you should select depends on which USB jack you're using. See the product page for more information.
  • Now the code will compile without the error

And I read that the footprint of the Due is the same as the Mega 2560
It has the same header layout but it's completely different architecture.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy