Arduino Uno, green light won't turn on, windows 7 64bit

Someone please help!

I am unable to install my arduino, because when I plug it into my computer, the only light that turns on is the red one, there is no green light, therefore I don't see it when I click on drive manager.

I have windows 7 64 bit. I tried different usb connector and a different computer too.

and i checked ALL over the internet and troubleshooting guide btw

anasarap:
I am unable to install my arduino, because when I plug it into my computer, the only light that turns on is the red one, there is no green light, therefore I don't see it when I click on drive manager.

You bought a cheap knock off from eBay or Amazon.

Official Arduinos don't have any Red LEDs. The cheap ones do. They are built so cheap that Red LEDs are used because they are $0.001 cheaper than Green LEDs.

That might be due to driver not installed problem or driver is not correctly installed.

Start-ControlPanel-Device Manager-Ports>Update Driver->From My Location->Select Driver folder of Arduino (unzipped one) and there is Arduino Uno.inf file, select that if it is not auto selected.

This way, you may install driver correctly and might work fine.

anasarap:
Someone please help!
I have windows 7 64 bit. I tried different usb connector and a different computer too.

Just yesterday I received my first Arduino Uno. I bought the original, both for supporting the developers and because I like the map of my country printed on the back :wink:
Anyway, concerning your problem, I noticed one thing (I have Win 7 64 bit like you). When connecting the board for the first time, before installing the drivers, it appeared in the Device Manager not under "Ports", but under "Other devices". At first I did not notice that, and I lost some time just trying other USB cables/ports. If you find it in the list, then install the drivers and it should work (I don't guarantee for the clone, but mine works perfectly).

Ciao

YOu are so right! I bought it on Amazon.com...they are not original?

I have one from radio shack, but that one has a red light too...a red and a green one. And this one at first had two red lights, then finally the green one turned in, and I said to myself, "it works, i will continue tomorrow", now i only have a red one!

someone help!

And I don't see "others", i only have "ports" and it says port 3...

anasarap:
YOu are so right! I bought it on Amazon.com...they are not original?

It is a clone. It may be functional, but who knows how much care was taken in making it. To give you an idea, Red LEDs get used because they are just barely cheaper than Green. Doesn't sound like quality was a concern.

anasarap:
I have one from radio shack, but that one has a red light too...a red and a green one.

Is the "red" near pin 13? Are you sure it isn't more of an orange color?

I just bought another on at radio shack. I cracked my head for 2 days trying to figure out why the hech i couldn't install the damn thing. And hey, I had NO problems with this one. Thank you so much! I didn't think for a second they would have clones on Amazon, when I saw they were $12, I just bought myself one...

Thanks!

anasarap:
I didn't think for a second they would have clones on Amazon, when I saw they were $12, I just bought myself one...

Your mistake was with the "they". Amazon doesn't sell Arduinos. However, sellers who use Amazon do.

Most physical products on Amazon.com are sold by 3rd party sellers, not Amazon.