Can I actually edit the "arduino system"?

Hi guys!
I'm fairly new to this whole thing and I don't know if this question is silly or something - but i would like to see the "Arduino system" code... Like the thing that makes Arduino restart when the button is pressed and so on... Maybe this doesn't have anything to do with the system, maybe its the micro controller's 'reset' pin - I don't know, I'm just giving an example.

Thank you!

but i would like to see the "Arduino system" code

Some of the "Arduino system" is hardware. There are schematics for all the boards posted on the hardware page.

Some of the "Arduino system" is software. Some of that is the IDE. That code is available from the Arduino site, too. Some of the software involves the compiler, and linker that produces the code that is uploaded. The compiler is the svr-gcc compiler. The code for that is available.

The rest of the software is core code, for Serial, analogRead, etc. and some is for the bootloader. All that code was delivered to your computer when you installed the IDE. Look in the directory where you installed the IDE.

The system functions can be found in arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino, the libraries arduino/libraries and the bootloaders in arduino/hardware/arduino/bootloader. Beyond this, you have the functions provided by the avr-libc, but for that the source code is also available. That's the spirit of open source.

Korman