Need Help with Pulse Sensor + AdaFruit ProTrinket 5v

Hi everyone,

I'm running into some issues for the Pulse Sensor NeoPixel Ring (https://learn.adafruit.com/pulse-sensor ... t?view=all) and I was hoping someone could assist me. I'm pretty much lost at this point due to my nonexistent knowledge about coding and breadboarding. A little bit of background: I'm using an Adafruit Pro Trinket 5v USB Board with a Bluetooth incoming port and a USBTinyISP as my programmer. The NeoPixel Ring doesn't respond to the tests I perform. The ProTinket has responded to a basic blink test.

1. Issue of Header Pins
I have pins placed for all the digital pins except 3 and 11 (according to the above link's tutorial). What I don't know is if I should place pins on the bottom of the ProTrinket i.e. GND, 5V, RX, TX, and RST. Otherwise, I have pins along the sides with exception to 3 and 11.

2. Breadboarding
I have pictures attached because I don't know if I wired everything up correctly. I apologize if it's hard to see so please let me know so that I can clarify. I wired everything based on the wearable ProTrinket schematic from the tutorial.

3. Code
I need help compiling the codes together. I know the tutorial has the codes ready to go, but I keep receiving this error every time I try to upload: "a function definition is not allowed here before the } token." I have no doubt that this error keeps appearing because I must be pasting the code wrong into the file. I'm wondering if someone could help me fix the code due to my lack of inexperience. Or if you can tell me what I need to do to fix it. I have the code in a PDF file below.

Hey! Maybe you shouldn't have taken on such a project with no research. You're right. I guess I was too ambitious and didn't think it thoroughly enough. Nonetheless, I'm determined to figure out what I did wrong so that I can minimize these problems in the future.

Image of Pulse Sensor, NeoPixel Ring, and ProTrinket Schematic: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Images of my breadboard setup: Imgur: The magic of the Internet, Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Link to Pulse Sensor and NeoPixel Ring Tutorial: A Wearable Circuit | Your Pulse Displayed with NeoPixels | Adafruit Learning System

I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance.

Forgot to include the code I'm trying to fix. It's attached. Ideally, I'm trying to merge the two codes from the tutorial or at least paste them correctly.

Code.pdf (50.2 KB)