Best Arduino Product Board for LED control and music

Hello all.

I would like to know which Arduino product would work the best when controlling about 100 - 200(max) LEDs?

It just depends on how long and wide I make my board and the sizes of the cubes they will be placed in.
The LEDs are color changing so I would need to be able to connect and control them with regards to changing color and turning on/off.

I would like to enable the LEDs to display in a bar graph and sync with music playing on a pc or laptop.

But as a starting point in the programming section (which I am new in) perhaps just moving in random or preset patterns would be great.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

which Arduino product would work the best when controlling about 100 - 200(max) LEDs?

If you mean RGB LEDs then multiply this number by three as each RGB LED looks like three LEDs
You need external hardware with this and so any arduino will do. Use this code:-
http://www.elcojacobs.com/shiftpwm/

This is for low power LEDs, doing it with power LEDs is a whole other board game and several orders of magnitude more expensive.

Wow thank you for the quick reply. If all goes well I might post a photo or 2 of my project when its done. If anyone has more info please reply, it is always welcomed.