Simple Workarea question.

I just recently got into micro controllers starting with a PICkit 3 starter kit which came with a programmer and demo board. I decided to switch to Arduino because AVR has more resources available to it and better development tools. Etc.. Etc.. PIC is awesome but much more difficult to prototype with.

Now my PIC development board came with rubber feet on the bottom to lift it up off the table to prevent shorts.

My Arduino UNO Rev3 came with no rubber feet (Maker Ultimate Kit) to keep it up off the table. My desk is made out of MDF board and I was wondering if it is safe to use the Arduino just sitting on the desk initially till I can get a chance to build a mount of some sort for it or should I sit it on top of a Pink anti static or silver anti static bag laying on the desk? I do not want to accidentally have the pins short across the desk or something.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

blewisjr:
My Arduino UNO Rev3 came with no rubber feet (Maker Ultimate Kit) to keep it up off the table.

Go to Lowes or Home Depot or the like and get some feet. :slight_smile:

My guess is that you're more of an electrical threat (static discharge) than your MDF work surface.

...should I sit it on top of a Pink anti static or silver anti static bag laying on the desk?

I believe the silver ones conduct so that would be a bad choice.