Software due and uno

I have an arduino uno. And I must say I am extremely impressed.
I intend to get a due to play with, but have a couple of questions:

1: If I install the 1.5 software for the due, can I also use it with the uno? Are the drivers the same?
2: If not, does the software need to be installed on different computer? Can 1.0 and 1.5 coexist on the same computer?

freeze:
I have an arduino uno. And I must say I am extremely impressed.
I intend to get a due to play with, but have a couple of questions:

1: If I install the 1.5 software for the due, can I also use it with the uno? Are the drivers the same?
The latest IDE will support both the Due and AVR based boards. Driver installation is a seperate issue that you deal with the first time you plug a new board into the PC, just study the IDE installation instructions carefully for board driver installation.
2: If not, does the software need to be installed on different computer? Can 1.0 and 1.5 coexist on the same computer?
While the latest 1.5 IDE will support all 'official Arduino' boards you can have multiple IDE versions installed on the same computer for legacy reasons for use of older library support, etc. I have both version 22 and version 1.0 installed presently. But no Due board yet so I haven't had to deal with 1.5 yet.
Lefty

The latest Due IDE is V1.5.1r2. Previous versions in the 1.5 family had problems. The latest works in most cases but has a library problem that's still unresolved. See some of the recent posts for more details.

Thank you.

" Driver installation is a separate issue that you deal with the first time you plug a new board into the PC"

Just to be clear: once I have installed the drivers for both the uno and the due, will the software recognize which board is plugged in and automatically use the correct driver?

“The latest works in most cases but has a library problem that's still unresolved.”

Should I wait a bit for a more stable version before getting the due?

The correct driver will be selected when you plug the board into a USB socket but it will likely have a different virtual ComX number than the other boards. You will see the number under Tools/Serial Port. Be sure it's checked by clicking on the displayed item.

There are numerous problems with libraries but no deadline as to when they're fixed. You might as well start now and help uncover the bugs.