How to get an output voltage of 9V from arduino uno?name some ic's for it.

I want to know some ic's that can help me get a 9V output .This ic's are to be connected to 5V point on arduino uno.

this is needed by me to run a few things. :slight_smile:

google: 5V to 9V step-up power

keep an eye on your total power requirement...

I want to know wether a LM7809 can help me boost arduino uno's max output 5v to 9V or not.

Not.

Boost converter (boost regulator), et al.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=261322.0

If not then why can't it be used?

78xx regulators only step down

then what series can boost or step up voltage?

Have a look at Pololu

How does the ic in pololu's 9V step up ic circuit work? please provide me a link or document on it's schematic design.

123cb123:
How does the ic in pololu's 9V step up ic circuit work? please provide me a link or document on it's schematic design.

Beats me...

i got info on pololu . give me some more ic's that can help me boost arduino uno's 5V to 9V.

Google Is Your Friend

Tell more about what you want.
And ask questions politely instead of telling people about your demands.
[edit]
And stop cross posting.
[/edit]

Dc - dc boost converters like xl6009 or lm2577 will take 5v and boost it up to 9v ( with the help of additional components). This type of converter can easily draw several amps depending on what it powers, which would burn up the arduino. Running it directly from the arduino is ill advised, but it should work if you power from an external 5v source. Can you explain in detail what you trying to do? Check Google for info on buck - boost converters or Switched Mode Power Supplies smps.

123cb123:
i got info on pololu . give me some more ic's that can help me boost arduino uno's 5V to 9V.

What do you want to boost?
The arduino can only run off 5V not 9V, you feed 9V into an arduino chip and you will kill it.

Sorry! I have stopped cross questioning after my last reply and I have switched to personal messaging for the purpose. I am new to forum etiquette . Actually I want to power a 9 v dc motor from Arduino uno's 5V output so i am searching for various circuits that can help me boost the voltage.

123cb123:
I have switched to personal messaging for the purpose. I am new to forum etiquette.

Then expect to get few, if any, answers unless your question is accompanied by a reasonable offer of payment. The very purpose of this "forum" - better described as a discussion board - and most like it, is to provide answers that suit not only the individual asking, but everyone else with the same question. That is why you were told "Google Is Your Friend".

123cb123:
Actually I want to power a 9 V DC motor from Arduino UNO's 5V output so I am searching for various circuits that can help me boost the voltage.

It has been hinted - strongly - that you are asking a wrong question. :smiley:

You simply do not power a 9V motor from the 5V output of a UNO in any fashion whatsoever. Either you power a motor from whatever power supply you have which feeds the regulator on the Arduino board which then provides the 5V for the Arduino only, or you mean you wish to control a motor from an Arduino output pin using a suitable transistor or FET. Or just as likely, both.

So what is it you really wish to do?

I would like to control a motor From UNO using a transistor or something equivalent.