Controlling Arduino and PID on wifi or BT from IPhone

Hi,

I've been searching for a while for the cheapest way to control my coffee machine wirelessly. :smiley: I've actually ordered the parts to install a PID in my espresso machine, as has been done before (there's even a page dedicated to the code to control the PID on here somewhere).

My issue is that I have never used Arduino before, and although it looks really awesome, I'm unsure as to the easiest way to remotely control it. What I'd like to do is to be able to connect to the Arduino board remotely, either by bluetooth or WIFI, and modify the settings for the temperature control, or even gather data of the temperature variations for example.

There's so many shields and so many options it gets a bit confusing. I also looked at the possibility of using the Rasbpberry PI ( something similar to what I want was done here RasPiBrew/README.md at master ยท steve71/RasPiBrew ยท GitHub ), or the DaisyWork module, but I'm unsure as to which would be the simpler and/or the cheapest.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I've been reading all over the place but I'm still undecided if I should go ahead and order the Arduino, or go another way.

Thank you in advance!

I have my Sous Vide controlled via bluetooth with my Android. I just use a Standalone Arduino with this bluetooth module.

Eventually I'll get the android app working, but for now I just downloaded a Bluteooth SPP app and control it via command line.

Hmm after doing some more reading, I read somewhere that another module may be required to access the Arduino from the Iphone with bluetooth? Apparently the BLE112 Bluetooth model...

However that shield doesn't seem to be available yet. Maybe I should instead consider wifi...