Walkie Talkie LCD hookup

I have a walkie talkie LCD that is still hooked up to the walkie talkie but I can access it through the back with the pins. I am wondering how should I connect and program the arduino to the LCD for it to display some numbers or words? I've attached some pictures here. First one is the LCD itself, second is the back of the circuit where the connectors are, and third is the chip under the LCD.

'

Does the walkie talkie still power on? If it does, take a picture of the display with something displayed on it. It could be a simple character display or 7-segment display. If you can still power it, it will be easy to tell.

liudr:
Does the walkie talkie still power on? If it does, take a picture of the display with something displayed on it. It could be a simple character display or 7-segment display. If you can still power it, it will be easy to tell.

Yes it powers on and it has a display with 2 digits and some indicators. Here's a picture of the same one but from a catalog.

KE7GKP:
It probably is not possible to try to display things on the display while it is still installed in and connected to the walkie-talkie electronics.
It would be difficult (or impossible) to operate the walkie-talkie without the display.
It does not appear that you can display arbitrary letters on that display. It looks like it is custom-made to display only a few things related to the walkie-talkie operation. At best, you could display different digits where it shows channel number, etc.

ok well i see this will be too much work and it's better to just get an LCD that is made for these uses

Maybe a 16*2 character display instead? It's easy to use.