Arduino connectors

Arduino UNO and Mega are good examples of bad design.
Single row male pin connectors at two sides of the card makes it hard to use more than one shield in a project.

How do you for example use proto-board and LCD-board in the same time ?
Or how do you use Ethernet-board with any other board, when the RJ-45 body connector makes a short circuit to the next shield ?

Arduino Nano is a bit better, but still..

There should be a processor board with two line 90deg male pin connector for a flat cable.
The board should also be of smaller dimensions.

Then you can use as many shields as you want. And you can stack them any way you want.
With a flat cable you can open the stack of shields like a book and make modifications to the shield on stage.

Better still if the connector is built like the GPIO of Raspberry PI. Of course some signals are different, but most of the lines can find a home and the remaining can be used with care.

Another solution would be a passive shield, which has the connectors of Arduino Nano and 40 pin flat cable. Of course there can also be a power source for 3.3V and 5V

There should be a processor board with two line 90deg male pin connector for a flat cable.

So, design one. Get it made. Let us know when you have something to sell.

Make SURE that you don't make any decisions that someone else will, years later, question the wisdom of.

The board should also be of smaller dimensions.

I'm expecting yours to be no more than 1cm by 1cm. And, to have Ethernet and USB connections. And to accept all shields currently available.

And you can stack them any way you want.

Use your brain. You can't stack an XBee shield, a GPS shield, and a LCD shield, in any order, and make something useful.

• "You can't stack an XBee shield, a GPS shield, and a LCD shield, in any order, and make something useful."

Still, It would be nice to have ethernet and LCD shield in use in the same project. Or LCD and motors.

And yes, I'm using my brains :wink:

Still, It would be nice to have ethernet and LCD shield in use in the same project.

Some places sell shields without pins installed. Some places sell short pins. Some places sell long pins. Proper shopping and soldering, and problem solved.

Or LCD and motors.

I can't imagine what the problem is here. Unless you tried to put the motor shield on top.