BEGINNERS: Before you buy or connect your board!

Unless you’re an experienced electronics hobbyist, BEFORE you connect you Arduino / project to anything other than the USB cable... understand these things.

Read up and understand these concepts.

• Voltage (V) both DC / AC
    • / - voltages
  • Current (I)
  • Power (dissipation). (W)
  • Vin / Vcc. 5V / 3.3V
  • The importance of Ground / 0V
  • Drivers - to separate your load from the Arduino pins.

Failing to do so will - almost certainly - eventually end in tears, and a new Arduino or interface board.

Hi Guys:

Ronnie here again.

I have been looking at this thread and googling all of the different key points we were given. I have not found all of them yet, but through the searches I found 1 I really liked and asked about. I hope this helps other people.

Here is the link for the, Power (dissipation). (W).

https://www.evilmadscientist.com/2012/basics-power-dissipation-and-electronic-components/

thanks ronnie

Hi Guys:

Voltage (V) both DC / AC

Ronnie here again:

AC versus DC

Alternating current , Vs , Direct current.

I am learning with you as well, I am an electrician, maintenance guy that does ac part
and limited dc when it comes to the boards we use. so Please consult your best friend... I'm here to learn like anyone else.

here is a link I think yall would find helpful.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/alternating-current-ac-vs-direct-current-dc/all

I would agree, but add:

• voltage drop and resistance for current control (because it seems almost everyone starts with something with an LED), and

• add "ground" two or three more times in the list :smiling_imp:

If you’re interested, search in the top bar for BEGINNERS:
with the colon...

I started a number of threads with discussion about the fundamentals needed to get off the ‘ground’ with microcontrollers, and Arduino in particular.

Try to try this, it worked for me

voltage drop and resistance for current control (because it seems almost everyone starts with something with an LED)

regards

lastchancename:
Failing to do so will - almost certainly - eventually end in tears, and a new Arduino or interface board.

Yeah it happened to me like for 5 to 6 times, once I have confused 5V with 3.3V on Arduino and burnt my RF module.

Indeed