Duemilanove not uploading, TX light keeps blinking.

just got my new Duemilanove with ATmega328 and here's the deal:

• I've done everything on the "Getting Started" page, except for the upload part. So, i have all the softwares well and working;
  • My bootloader seems to be fine, since it lights up a LED at P13 when i hit the reset;
  • My serial port COM3 is working with the arduino, when i go to the serial monitor, it shows stuff while the TX led blinks;
  • The big problem is: when i try uploading the blink example, the RX led flashes 3 times, the L led flashes one time, then the TX led start blinking rapidly and the upload never finishes, it does not even give me an error, unless i unplug the cable;
  • I'm SURE i have the right board and serial port selected on my compiler, i have also tried using another board, but the same problem happens;

I have read around 20 forum posts and haven't found a solution yet, could you guys help me a bit?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits
ARDUINO 0022 - 2010.12.24

Are you sure COM3 is the arduino?
Usually COM3 is not.
Try closing the IDE then restarting it without the Arduino. Do you still see COM3?

yeah, when i unplug the arduino, COM3 vanishes and only COM1 is available.

Any luck yet? When I installed the usb serial driver on my computer, com 10 was default. What happens when you plug the Arduino in the usb?

Do you have the FTDi driver installed properly?, i donot think so because if you had that it would have shown USB SERIAL DEVICE inplace of COM3 number and the BLINK will happen irrespective of diver's installed because BLINK example comes already loaded when you buy the NEW Arduino so probably check out your FTDi FT232RL USB to Serial converter driver.

Secondly, What message you get in the Arduino IDE when the download fail's, is the program compiling successfully ?

There are some additional troubleshooting suggestions here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload

These are the drivers that were installed, the screenshot is from the Device Manager:
http://i.imgur.com/hJFF3.png It's too big to use the IMG tag.

Any luck yet? When I installed the usb serial driver on my computer, com 10 was default. What happens when you plug the Arduino in the usb?

When i first plugged in my arduino, it didn't find the drivers, but it recognized a unknown USB device. I then downloaded the Arduino software and instaled the drivers shown on the screenshot.

Do you have the FTDi driver installed properly?, i donot think so because if you had that it would have shown USB SERIAL DEVICE inplace of COM3 number and the BLINK will happen irrespective of diver's installed because BLINK example comes already loaded when you buy the NEW Arduino so probably check out your FTDi FT232RL USB to Serial converter driver.

Secondly, What message you get in the Arduino IDE when the download fail's, is the program compiling successfully ?

I think so, i have alredy uninstalled and installed again, i'll try to re-install them after i write this post, but to no succes. The names shown on the screenshot are exactly as you describe, but i'll check somewhere else for driver problems. Also, Arduino IDE gives me no error message, it just compiles the sketch and try to upload it, but never finishes. If i select COM1 as the serial port, it gives me the default "you have set the wrong port/board" error of out of sync.

There are some additional troubleshooting suggestions here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload

Before posting here i already did all those steps, searched the internet for about 2h reading some forums, here is my last resort. The only other person to have experienced that TX light blinking constantly was some guy that had his board settings wrong, wich is not my case.

I uninstalled the drivers and when i plug in the arduino again, it installs them automatically and recognizes my board normally. The Unspecified Device that is shown at Devices and Printers it the "FT232 USB UART". After these steps, i downloaded again the Arduino IDE, but nothing changed.

I'm also trying the "reset trick", where i reset the board and upload immediately. So far, no success.

Try telling it that you have an Uno...

(thought process: "when i go to the serial monitor, it shows stuff while the TX led blinks" ought not happen on a previously-unprogrammed Duemilanove. Duemilanoves should no longer be available from "normal" dealers. Perhaps you have a duemilanove board that has a 328 with the Uno bootloader on it instead (in which case it might respond as an "uno".))

Can't hurt.

What "stuff" is shown in the serial monitor, anyway? And at what speed? That could be a clue...

westfw:
Try telling it that you have an Uno...

(thought process: "when i go to the serial monitor, it shows stuff while the TX led blinks" ought not happen on a previously-unprogrammed Duemilanove. Duemilanoves should no longer be available from "normal" dealers. Perhaps you have a duemilanove board that has a 328 with the Uno bootloader on it instead (in which case it might respond as an "uno".))

Can't hurt.

What "stuff" is shown in the serial monitor, anyway? And at what speed? That could be a clue...

I had already tried telling that my board is an Uno, a Mini, BT everything, no success at all, the same TX blinking and no error shwon. Is there any way i can see wich bootlader is loaded in my 328?

Here are the first five "stuff" shown on the serial monitor:

Analog values:

Analog values:

Analog values:

Analog values:

Analog values:

It seems to be at normal speed for 9600 bauds. I've also done the loopback test, to check if the serial port is fine:

Try this
Plug in the Arduino
Choose the correct serial port
Open the serial monitor
Connect a wire between pins 0 and 1
Hold down the reset button while you type something in the serial monitor and press send.
Do you see what you typed in the serial monitor?

It wrote what i typed on the serial monitor.

So far, so bad, may i assume my board is defective?