Loop Back Test - Sticky?

mau tanyak scrip untuk mengoneksi arduino uno atg328 gmn yaaa?

This is the English language part of the forum.

Thank you

So what do I do if my board fails the loop back test?? When i plug my board in, nothing pops up, makes a noise, or tries to install drivers. When I look at my device manager, I see a COM port, but its not called arduino anything (like the installation instructions say it will be). Uploading of the blink code doesn't work.

Binary sketch size: 1,632 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit

munka:
So what do I do if my board fails the loop back test??

=(

Which board?

loop back test shows my Uno R3 is working, but I am still getting sync error
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
Sketches indicate they upload but now do nothing not even blink the on-board indicator, plugging in an external LED extinguishes the on-board LED, the power indicator is on and the "L" indicator is dimly lighted??? Is my Uno now bricked?

gizmoDave:
plugging in an external LED extinguishes the on-board LED, the power indicator is on and the "L" indicator is dimly lighted???

With a series resistor?

Yes Led in series.
Seems I corrupted my install while attempting to add ATTiny13 support files and the loop back test triggered something strange.
After a clean install of arduino-1.0.1 my Uno seems to be back to normal.

gizmoDave:

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=67509.msg892786#msg892786 date=1345002129]

gizmoDave:
plugging in an external LED extinguishes the on-board LED, the power indicator is on and the "L" indicator is dimly lighted???

With a series resistor?

Yes Led in series.
Seems I corrupted my install while attempting to add ATTiny13 support files and the loop back test triggered something strange.
After a clean install of arduino-1.0.1 my Uno seems to be back to normal.
[/quote]
Next time do not replace any files.

Hello,

How do you read and implement item 6:

" 6. Start your favourite terminal application. Serial Monitor will work fine."

Thank you,
Regards

com64

com64:
Hello,

How do you read and implement item 6:

" 6. Start your favourite terminal application. Serial Monitor will work fine."

Thank you,
Regards

com64

In the tools menu of the Arduino IDE there is a 'serial monitor' selection that will launch a small standalone serial monitor application that you can use to send and receive characters to an attached arduino board. Be sure you set the serial monitor's baud rate to match the baud rate you use in your running sketch on the arduino board. You can also use most any PC terminal application that you might have or obtain, and they usually have many more features on them that the arduino IDE serial monitor does not. I like brey terminal on my windows PC and there are many other free PC terminal applications avalible if you want or need something more powerful then the arduino serial monitor.

Lefty

Hi

Thanks for the test. So here it goes. I have two Mega 2560 R3 that I have problems with.

I did the loop test. I connected Reset to GND and TX0 to RX0 and I tried using the Serial Monitor.

For the first board, I got COM11 in my Device Manager. The L led on the board is goes on as soon as I connect it to my PC. I did not get my messages back from the board. :frowning:

For the second board, there is no COM port in my Device Manager, the L Led on the board is on for a fraction of asecond and that too very dim. And as before I did not get my messages back.

Can any one suggest me what I should do next ???

Thanks

-ksp

I have an UNO R3 running on an older dell laptop, windows 2000. The monitor results are perplexing. I input a string 123456789_123456789 but it only repeats back the first eight characters. 12345678 , the rest of the string is missing. I can see the TX and RX LEDs blinking but not getting a full echo. I also noted that I have to close the monitor window and reopen it to try sending another message. If I do not perform that interum step, there is no echo at all. Any thoughts on what the indications mean, thanks for the help.

ksp1717:
For the first board, I got COM11 in my Device Manager. The L led on the board is goes on as soon as I connect it to my PC. I did not get my messages back from the board. :frowning:

For the second board, there is no COM port in my Device Manager, the L Led on the board is on for a fraction of asecond and that too very dim. And as before I did not get my messages back.

Can any one suggest me what I should do next ???

For both boards there is a slight possibility that reflashing the ATmega16U2 will bring them back to life.

refhwengr:
I have an UNO R3 running on an older dell laptop, windows 2000. I input a string 123456789_123456789 but it only repeats back the first eight characters. 12345678 , the rest of the string is missing.

Ensure the driver is up-to-date. Try a different USB cable.

Anything getting hot?

Hi

I have tried reflashing them using an Arduino Uno as an ISP. I used the default stk500v2 hex file in the hardware->arduino->bootloaders->stk500v2. On both boards at the end I got the content mismatch error. I did some research online and found that the process works even if one gets that error. But nothing happened. :~

So I tried with another version of bootloader file from Arduino-stk500v2-bootloader/goodHexFiles at master · arduino/Arduino-stk500v2-bootloader · GitHub. I got the same content mismatch error from avrdude and nothing happened when I try to upload a sketch.

I am still unable to upload any sketches to my boards even after reflashing them.

Any more ideas on atleast what the problem might be ?

Thanks

--ksp

The ATmega16U2 does not get a "bootloader". It gets a "firmware". You're trying to upload the wrong file.

Hello, I did this procedure with my Arduino Mega board and nothing different happens. The problem is no usb communication and the two leds RX and TX still on (half power). Here is a little video to show you. Thank very much

You're not following the loopback test - I don't see Rx & Tx connected for instance.

So what happened leading up to this? 12V get applied to something it shouldn't have?
Sort of looks like a dead (or misprogrammed?) 16U2 device, it drives the Rx/Tx LEDs, and a good '2560, it drives the L LED.
You could try to program both parts thru their ICSP connectors and see if they are still alive.

Thank you for your answer. I did the connections from Rx/Tx and RESET to GND and nothing changes. The pc not recognize it when I connect it to USB (it was COM3)... my Arduino UNO works perfect with the same cable and same USB port (and all the time they worked in this USB port).
I was working with I2C communication between them with power supplies separated... I don't remember something suspicious.
I think ICSP is my only chance,( but I don't know what I need). Thank you and regards