Playground getting reorganized, comments please

I am amused by the movements of Hardware listings for third party hardware, around the hardware page. It seems that third party hardware needs to be kept as far as possible from "official hardware". They're listed as Arduino-compatibles for clarity, with full referencing of debates, policy and discussion. What's the issue with having them listed under hardware? The core question is: Is there anything except copyright law separating an Arduino-compatible from an Arduino?

I also thought that the Playground was the community section of the Arduino website, and as such might benefit from the absence of the editorial control the Arduino Team exercises on the rest of the site. I had thought the Freeduino wars were about to quiet down and the energy go into more productive pursuits.

While I do think the Arduino community should have the most prominent voices on the Playground (as long as they are courteous), I also realize that I am an interested party, so welcome comments from the rest of the Arduino community.

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/ArduinoCoreHardware

paulb

PS - The reorganization looks great and is a pleasure to use already, kudos to all who made it happen.

PSS - how does commenting on the history page work? I've yet to figure that out.