Arduino board used as detonation device in Boston?

As I was looking at photos of the evidence in Boston, one stood out to me. Take a look...

Is that what is left of a arduino inbetween the cones? If so, it is terrible that an individual would think of using this terrific product in such a horrible way.

If anyone has any information on somebody asking how to write code, let the proper authorities know!!!

Spread the word and or picture and lets see if the Arduino community can help catch who is responsible.

Not detailed enough to say.

It dosn't look like one to me.
We occasionally get people asking about dummie bombs, some people think it is OK to help them, I don't.

on another forum its an xbee, point being it could be anything, all we know is it has a blue pcb

If this were a blog, this post would have been called linkbait.

Other than a blueish looking PCB, I don't see anything that resembles an Arduino.

I think its important to note the "Aleged Terrorist" did exactly what he intended..we here now are questioning the use of a peacful teaching device as a weapon. Try to walk into a Radio Shack these days and ask for specific parts?? The tru definition of terror is very real.

They also used backpacks. Let's make sure there's an overreaction with those too.

And others have pointed out, there is no clear evidence an Arduino was used.

Nice first post. Deserves a minimum of a warning from the mods IMHO. Totally irresponsible.

thedig:
Is that what is left of a arduino inbetween the cones? If so, it is terrible that an individual would think of using this terrific product in such a horrible way.

Doesn't particularly look like it to me. But I suppose that the folks that have that board in a little plastic bag are in a far better position to determine that.

If anyone has any information on somebody asking how to write code, let the proper authorities know!!!

Well, that only happens several dozen times a day here.

Spread the word and or picture and lets see if the Arduino community can help catch who is responsible.

By what method?

Mind you, I can think of several easier devices to use off the top of my head, given that an Arduino has no native RF capability and would require code to be written to implement same.

You obviously have too much time on your hands. I'd suggest reading a book on critical thinking instead. Or go ahead and call the authorities with your theory and report back to us how that works out.

Like what kind of suspicious question?

How do you turn on an LED light in Arduino?
and how do I add remote control to my Arduino to turn on an LED lamp?

If Arduino was involved, the bombers might already be Arduino nerds...

I think its safe to say assumptions are what they are,, we can all point fingers or leave it up to the well capable people handling it. This deserves no more speculation.