A Dark IDE Theme

Not bad but IMHO it's not as clearly readable as the original one

I quite like that, I've always been happy with the standard white background but that's very easy on the eyes. Especially the message panel that is normally red on black and very bad for readability.

Rob

Looks cool, but black background it is not good for readability :smiley: I am pretty sure the folks on MS did lots of tests because even if Windows Phone UI is all black for energy consumption, when you read a mail or document, background turns to white.

But this makes me wonder, maybe a theme manager is a good idea to add? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is update dark Theme, now it's easy to read.

I would like to make other colors, but it seems on windows it's not working.

int water_pump = 2;
The text "water_pump = 2;" is all same color, I would like to have number "2" representing pin number another color.
How can I change this, I edited the theme.txt, but can't find this?

Also the preferences.txt file line

anti-aliased text, turned off by default

editor.antialias=true

Changing it makes no change either.

The white text can't be made bold either, or the line ending ";" symbol color cant be changed either. Why so many bugs on Windows 1.5.5 IDE?

P.S.

EDIT LINE "editor.bgcolor" to set desired black level. Ligh black 404040, Medium black, 363636, Very black 262626

Darker black gives more contrast, but it also stains the eyes as the character and background are very different, so experiment to your taste.

theme.txt (2.53 KB)

i put the theme in my /lib folder yet i see no change despite restarting the IDE. What might be the cause?

This is a lot better on my eyes, would like red or amber functions , not complaining at all;
nice work.
Thank you

Current Version (1.6.12) does not start with the theme.txt, any update available?? It would be great to use the dark theme again! Thx

jim_beam:
Current Version (1.6.12) does not start with the theme.txt

Which theme.txt? Jerware's or smilem's version?

pert:
Which theme.txt? Jerware's or smilem's version?

I don't know about Jim_beam, but I can't start the IDE with Smilem version (MacOsX).

Here's the smilem dark theme updated to be compatible with recent Arduino IDE versions: https://github.com/per1234/ino-themes/archive/themeDark-smilem.zip.

I did make a few changes because I found the poor contrast between some of the original color settings made it very difficult to use.

I don't actually use this theme so please let me know if you find any issues or improvements at GitHub - per1234/ino-themes: Arduino IDE themes. There are some new graphics files(*.svg and *@2x.png) that were not included with the original themes but it seems to work OK without them.

I'll have the Jerware theme converted soon.

The Jerware theme is now updated and can be downloaded from https://github.com/per1234/ino-themes/archive/themeDark-Jerware.zip. I changed the line highlight and operator colors for contrast.

pert:
The Jerware theme is now updated and can be downloaded from https://github.com/per1234/ino-themes/archive/themeDark-Jerware.zip. I changed the line highlight and operator colors for contrast.

Thanks for doing this update.

Thanks a lot.
Works fine with 1.6.12 IDE

Young guys often can't appreciate it ....yet! :wink:

Wow, thanks guys.
Nice theme.

So I tried this theme and feel it needs some help.

For me, myself, that is.

I changed the buttons to be an orange color in their default state. As I like an orange-grey UI

Anyhow, my problem is how to change the color of quoted text?

Please look at the attached image to see what I mean.

I've tried changing values in the lib/theme/syntax/default.xml file. This hasn't worked yet.

Can someone tell ,me how to change the color of quoted text as seen in my pic?

Thanks,
Randy

revolt_randy:
Can someone tell ,me how to change the color of quoted text as seen in my pic?

It should be editor.literal_string_double_quote.style in theme.txt. I have put together documentation of the theme configuration options and a sketch to test them all at:

Let me know if you discover any additional information or corrections, I put it together purely through trial and error.

See here a solution for changing the Arduino IDE tab color

Where is the "Theme" directory for R1.8.5?

hakanozugurlu:
Where is the "Theme" directory for R1.8.5?

I already answered that in your first thread:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=526402

Love it thank you!