Tracking of position and movement of a person?

Hello!
I'm looking for - with great interest :wink: information for the following problem:
(in ARDUINO or Processing?)

• A person enters a room
  • Whose position and movement is detected by sensors (PIR, Ultrasonic Parallax, Videocam?)
  • And controls reasonably proportional to the movement of the person
  • A servo or stepper motor
  • Which in turn e.g. a camera (only horizontal) in the direction of the person moves / rotates and actionable.

Can anyone help me in the right direction?
Thanks for the tips and many thanks

Which in turn e.g. a camera (only horizontal) in the direction of the person moves / rotates and actionable.

well i guess you want to move a camera in a single axis if it is so it is well within capabilities of arduino as richard said prepare a grid of sensors and check which one is triggered and move the camera in the +ve or -ve direction based on the postion of the sensor triggred it can be acheived using a servo
:slight_smile: - hopethis helps

Probably the simplest setup might be have an Ir heat detector panned by a servo scan for something warmer than ambient. When a hot object is detected have the cam servo pan the cam to the same servo position where the IR servo detected the heat.

thank you all for the prompt responses. I would like to see that, and report the results...