Dymo label printer

Anyone managed to hack and use a handheld Dymo label printer with arduino?

Most matrix keyboards can be emulated with CMOS analog multiplexer/demultiplexers like the 8 channel CD4051. The first step is to examine the keypad circuit board to see how many rows and columns are used to scan the keyboard.

or to see if it has computer input

Osgeld:
or to see if it has computer input

I checked the owner's manual and they don't mention any computer input or any external connector other than the power jack.

First question is , what do you want to do?

1. let an arduino print labels
  2. let the arduino use the LCD
  3. led the arduino use the keyboard
  4. something else?

The aim is to let the Arduino print via the Dymo printhead.
I do not have a Dymo yet, but am looking for a thermal printer smaller than those big black boxes seen on sale on Arduino-sites.

Thermo Line Printer TLP 150/12 AS

The store is in Aarhus :smiley:

Tak :wink:
But I was in fact looking for a much smaller print head able to print just a line or two on a narrow strip of paper - just like the handheld dymos.

Hej,

the dymo printers aren't that expensive.

I would just put all on one card and buy one, open it and look how you could interface with it.
(In best case it have a serial-pin on the pcb)

If all you want is a thermal printer have a look at this MilesBurton.com

LarsSorensen:
The aim is to let the Arduino print via the Dymo printhead.
I do not have a Dymo yet, but am looking for a thermal printer smaller than those big black boxes seen on sale on Arduino-sites.

I have this exact model of Dymo printer but I don't wanna open it and fool around with it because I've already had to return it twice for warranty replacement. It seems to be of quite low quality. The next time it breaks I'll be out of warranty and then I'll give it a go.

Another problem is that even if you made it work, you could probably not make it smaller than the Dymo box is. Because the tape cartridge is totally integrated into the box.