Wi-Fi Webserver with Arduino

Hi Everyone,
I'm planning to make Wi-Fi Web-server to send and receive data from Smart phones.
Configuration as follows ( Router/AP not to be used!);

Which is the most economical Wi-Fi module with built-in server code/library for Arduino?
WIZFI210, wiFly, Flyport etc..??

Any help would be much appreciated!

One thing you need to investigate is whether the device(s) support ad-hoc networking. Most shields do not, since that takes quite a bit of effort. Connecting a WiFi shield to an existing network is one thing. Creating a network is quite a bit more complicated.

PaulS:
One thing you need to investigate is whether the device(s) support ad-hoc networking. Most shields do not, since that takes quite a bit of effort. Connecting a WiFi shield to an existing network is one thing. Creating a network is quite a bit more complicated.

Thanks PaulS

Can this be used?

Features:
Based on common 802.15.4 XBee footprint
Ultra low power: 4uA sleep mode, 38mA active
Onboard TCP/IP stack includes DHCP, UDP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, HTTP client, FTP client and TCP
Firmware configurable transmit power: 0dBm to 12dBm
Hardware interfaces:TTL UART
Host data rate up to 464Kbps over UART
Supports Adhoc and infrastructure networking
8 general purpose digital I/O
3 analog sensor inputs
Real-time clock for time-stamping, auto-sleep, and auto-wakeup modes
Accepts 3.3VDC regulated power supply

Can this be used?

I don't know. If you do get one, and it works, be sure to let us know. I'd get one, then, to play with.

PaulS:

Can this be used?

I don't know. If you do get one, and it works, be sure to let us know. I'd get one, then, to play with.

Sure ... :smiley:

The Arduino Hydrogen WiFi shield supports Adhoc networking. It's available at diysandbox.com and they claim that their library is compatible to the Arduino Ethernet library.

I can't verify the latter statement as I have not yet had time to test that, however the samples that they host on github worked out "of the box" including the adhoc networking