Basic resistor question

Hi,

I hope I have posted in the right topic - if not please accept my apologies!

I have just started working my way through 30 Projects for an Evil Genius on the Arduino. One of the items I had to buy was a 270 ohm resistor. I bought 5 as they are quite cheap but I am wondering as I build up my supply of electrical components how I will remember that those ones are 270 ohm?

Is it just a case of putting them in a box labelled as such or is there a better method?

Thanks!

Ed

Are they leaded components or surface mount.

I the first they have coloured bands that tell you the value, if SMDs they usually have a code that does the same.

That said most people have plastic boxes with labels, like fishing tackle storage boxes.

Rob

Would the coloured stripes on the resistors happen to be red-purple-brown perchance? google "resistor colour codes"

Thanks both - not sure what type they are but they are blue with three little stripes on. I will look into colour codes and file them in my box accordingly!

Thanks again.

Ed

If you're planning on doing a lot with Arduino then I suggest you get one of these: http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Mr25-Metal-Film-Resistor-Kit-13-0270/?sid=8eda8e7d-c560-49b5-a97a-95f4d637431e