A Low Cost Approach to Graphical Waterfall

I am partially done with a sort of similar project, though my solution was simpler (though at this point, it's the solution that is the problem....)

What I did was essentially a POV wand, a row of LED's.. The led's are 395nm UV LED's. The row of LED's is then faced at a flowing drip trough which I was channeling glow in dark paint through.. Just channels cut into the side of trough. Glow paint responds very intensely to UV, so what you have is a falling liquid light curtain, pulsing te LED's allows you to "print" via the falling glowing liquid. I had to shelve it as I have been busy and had run into the issue of the material itself being abrasive and prone to clogging. I was chatting with a wholesaler about various pigments they sell directly, but still haven't gotten back to the project. Money and time... The UV POV wand is standard stuff, shiftout and you are good to go.

I had made a phosphor screen with glow paint and window glass for a slow scan tv project that never happened.. The wand works very well on that.

Anyway, when I do return to the project, it's the abrasive nature of the glow particles, which also quickly settle out of most suspensions, which becomes the problem. I know you can buy glow in the dark cordage and cloth, so I may build a simple belt on a roller setup which would obviate the materials issues but also drop the coolness factor quite a lot.