Repent for the end is near

I just watched Glenn Beck on Anderson Cooper discussing Donald Trump and the "post truth" thing and the two were the same side agreeing with each other on just about everything they said. Isn't there something in Revelation about that happening just before the Earth gets destroyed in fire?

I rely on the sentiment in Baz Lurman's song about sunscreen
"Accept certain inalienable truths, price will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders"

Or, put another way, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"

He won't be there for ever.

...R

Robin2:
He won't be there for ever.

But that appears to be his plan, like all dictators.

Sometimes I'm just glad to be a Brit...

Allan

allanhurst:
Sometimes I'm just glad to be a Brit...

With Great Uncle Bulgaria* holding hands with Trump ?

...R
* For the benefit of US readers, a character from the Wombles children's TV program with whom Teresa May was recently compared.

Robin2:
With Great Uncle Bulgaria* holding hands with Trump ?

...R
* For the benefit of US readers, a character from the Wombles children's TV program with whom Teresa May was recently compared.

Ya know, I worried about that. Made me wonder what was going on below the camera frame. I like England, and I'm gonna be all for brexit and whatever, but be careful y'all!

Delta_G:
I just watched Glenn Beck on Anderson Cooper discussing Donald Trump and the "post truth" thing and the two were the same side agreeing with each other on just about everything they said. Isn't there something in Revelation about that happening just before the Earth gets destroyed in fire?

Beck has made an amazing turn around since the rise of trump. I think he's after George Will's position, or maybe the 'new' David Brooks? In any event, he's joining the ranks of 'reasonable' republicans. Yay! - I enjoy his laid back style (even as I oppose his political leanings.)

Oh, and I'm proud to be from Arizona these days. Our two senators, Flake and McCain, had both un-endorsed trump before he took over. Reasonable republicans should start a new party.

(yo, Democrats, find a way to ally with these guys! Make some concessions! Think military spending. R&D, microcontroller grants,... that sort of thing. Yeah, that's the thing, electronic infrastructure, amateur exploration, experimental funding. Dig deep corporate America ...)
Your eyelids are getting heavy ...[/sub]SNAP!

ChrisTenone:
Ya know, I worried about that. Made me wonder what was going on below the camera frame. I like England, and I'm gonna be all for brexit and whatever, but be careful y'all!

I suspect the image of May holding hands with Trump is enough to give Merkel nightmares, if she didn't have enough already.

Watching the playground politics at EU summit photo opportunities has become morbidly amusing. The cracks in Junkers' club are already starting to show.

I prefer this comparison of our PM with a fictional character.

Can't think of any other circumstances I would want her as a PM but at the moment, I would say she is the best we have for the job.

Actually, I'm just jealous that you don't have trump.

He's coming to the the UK soon, and has really pissed off our speaker already...

Allan

Well, guys, honestly trump just loves America so much. He wants to make it great again. I know you europes are scared of Americas return to greatness, but don't be, it's not worth it, no. The D-man gonna be just fine.

OMG could have so much fun in this thread...However am going to refrain and keep the best stuff for elsewhere where the bun fights are as frequent as breathing and fun can be so far off the chart the galaxy aint been mapped that far.

Suffice to say English but now live in Canada so lots of views many of which would not be appreciated by such a wide audience.

Qdeathstar:
The D-man gonna be just fine.

So Trump really does have a supporter?

...R

@ R2

Oh well here goes..

He actually has some good ideas but i really think they should take his phone off him and drip feed him prozac to slow him down.

Killing the TPP was his best move so far IMHO.

Ballscrewbob:
He actually has some good ideas

I have no doubt that is very true.

But it is his bad ideas that are worrying.

Coupled with the fact that it might be hard to get people to agree which ideas fall into which category.

...R

Have you ever been going down the road in a car when the wheel comes off? There's this moment right before the wheel actually leaves. It has separated itself from the bearings, but it's still hanging on the spindle for just a moment. And it starts out as a little shimmy and then the oscillations get bigger and bigger until everything shakes and wobbles like hell and then you see the wheel in the ditch and hear the suspension on the pavement. And you hope that you recognized the shimmy when it started and are already on the brakes.

That moment, right before the wheel comes off, that's what it has been like for me living in America for the last 20 or 25 years. From Clinton to bush to Obama and now to Trump. The oscillations are getting bigger and bigger. We're wobbling harder and harder. And nobody is on the brakes. Both sides just keep pouring more and more gas on the fire. We're going faster and faster, wobbling harder and harder to the left then the right then the left then the right. We're going to be in the ditch soon if we're not careful. All of us. Both sides and the ones in the middle. Everybody is going to be in bad shape soon if we don't get out stuff together.

Delta_G:
From Clinton to bush to Obama and now to Trump.

From one groper to another. :slight_smile:

Plus ca change ...

...R

And of course you Have La Pen coming through in France
Merkel trying desperately to hold on to Germany despite trying to crash it at the same time.
Not to mention Belgium starting to see a slide towards "Belxit" ???
Sweden looking like its getting tired of the EU......
You can almost name a country now and there is something in the wind regarding change
OK not so much Russia and North Koreas or China as you might disappear if you did want change.

Choose your poison but it looks like folks have had enough of global company monopolies and being fed BS by lifetime politicians who always seem to end up on the board of a company as a retirement gift...

Personally I no longer see some of the "activists" as a thing to be wary or scared of but in some cases a welcome change and maybe change the name from Activist to something more subtle.

I've been impressed by prof Mark Blyth - a scot now living in the states.

regards

Allan

Ballscrewbob:
... Choose your poison ...

Interesting phraseology considering the recent Korean half-brotherly assassination.

Another phrase I like is "New normal."

Delta_G:
Have you ever been going down the road in a car when the wheel comes off?

I have. That was an extremely unpleasant experience.

I have also been in a moving vehicle when a tie-rod broke. That was was a surprisingly amusing experience. (We were only traveling about 30 MPH. I suspect that made a significant difference.)

Maybe if Trump just did stupid things more slowly we would transition from one to the other.