First time need help. Solar Controller

I’m new here and need help building a logic controller for a solar system. What do I need? Is an Arduino board ok for my project? What type on software and programming language do I need? First about me sell tough basic on Vic20 computer 30 years ago, took some assembler in college and basic electronics...but again 30 years ago.
I would like to build a controller to use the excess power for solar panels to heat up some water after the battery banks are fully charge. My system is a Xantrex XW System, inverters, solar chargers and 14.4KW of solar.
I would like to control 3 outputs with 6 inputs, 4 of the inputs are logic and 2 are analog. Is Arduino a good choice for my project? Thanks

Julien250:
I’m new here and need help building a logic controller for a solar system. What do I need? Is an Arduino board ok for my project? What type on software and programming language do I need? First about me sell tough basic on Vic20 computer 30 years ago, took some assembler in college and basic electronics...but again 30 years ago.
I would like to build a controller to use the excess power for solar panels to heat up some water after the battery banks are fully charge. My system is a Xantrex XW System, inverters, solar chargers and 14.4KW of solar.
I would like to control 3 outputs with 6 inputs, 4 of the inputs are logic and 2 are analog. Is Arduino a good choice for my project? Thanks

Yes

Yes but make sure you voltage divide your higher voltages ,etc before sensing them with arduino.

Also Xantrex system might already have provisions to use the bleeeding energy to utlize the otherwise un-used enegy.

Please check with your Xantrex support before trying to do to this :slight_smile:

Most/All of the wind turbine systems will have a diversion system, so ask Xantrex on how to add Diversion load to your system first.

Programming question
How do I do a loop testing a voltage with a trigger delay and clear delay? I need help writing a code. I’m trying to test a voltage: if it’s above 54V and stays above for 2 minutes then something #1...if it goes down under 50V for 3 minutes then something else#2. If it’s between 54V and 50V something #1.
I want a trigger at 54V, a trigger delay of 2 minutes, a clear at 50V with a clear delay of 3 minutes.
How do we write that in C...I’m new here....
Thanks

Hi,
no Xantrex don't have what i want. i know i can use the Aux Ouput on the XW Solar Charge controller but i want to do more with arduino.
thanks