Controlling lights over Ethernet with PowerDriver

Hello,

I have yet to buy my first Arduino board, and have been looking for a solution to remote controll some lights in my bar for some time.

I belive that hooking up Arduino with PowerDriver and the Ethernet Shield will solve all my problems :smiley:

But, I still wonder if they are compatible? that I can use pin 3,5,6,9,10 and 11 will be passed through the ethernet shield to be used by the PowerDriver?

The plan is tto use Arduino Uno for the project, can someone please tell me if this is going to work? Thanx :slight_smile:

Pins 10 and 11 on the standard Arduino are used by the SPI interface to talk to the Ethernet module.

I'm not familiar with the PowerDriver, but I'm guessing it wants to use them for PWM, which would definitely conflict with the Ethernet.

The Arduino Mega has a different pinout for SPI, so it might solve this conflict for you. However, I think I've also read that some of the PWM pins are different, so it might replace it with a different problem. Someone who knows the Mega well may chime in on this, but you may need to do a little research to find out.

Hey, thanx for your reply.

But I figured out that you can use the USB-cable as a serial interface when your not programming it, so I'm simply going to use this instead :slight_smile:

(Hoping I'm right, I have already ordered the parts :confused: )

But I figured out that you can use the USB-cable as a serial interface when your not programming it, so I'm simply going to use this instead

What do you mean? How this is going to affect your problem?
Let us know your developments, it's going to be interesting.

Hi, I have a application written in VB.net that does the sound proccessing, so my "solution" with using the ethernet shield was simply to get communication with the computer... Using the USB cable solved that problem, so v.2 is to try and use a completly integradet solution :smiley: