Arduino and Sounds

I am a complete newbie when it comes to the arduino and I am trying to grasp the power of what it can do. My understanding is it can send tones to a speaker. I read the threads where SMB theme song can be played through a series of tones. My question is can it play full songs? Can you load a song into its memory and have it be triggered by each opening and close of a switch? I have the ethernet adapter and it has a place for a micro sd slot or a mini , can it be loaded from there to the speaker?

I bought the 8ohm speaker from radio shack, and I was reading about installation and it said hook up through a 100ohm resistor, the starter kit came with 220ohm resistors. My final question would be the higher number for resistor thats more power going to the speaker?

Thank you and I appreciate any insights.

s can it play full songs

Yes

Can you load a song into its memory and have it be triggered by each opening and close of a switch?

Yes

can it be loaded from there to the speaker

Yes

would be the higher number for resistor thats more power going to the speaker?

No, it means less power is going to the speaker.

I am a complete newbie when it comes to the arduino

Good luck, these are not beginners projects.

Thank you. Especially the resistor part, makes more sense. I like a good challenge, let's see if I can come back with something useful.