Go Down

Topic: Second USB cdc (or similar) endpoint  (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic

tbowmo

I use a variant of arduino zero for a project, and was wondering if it was possible to have a second serial port on the USB port?

That is, having two cdc ports at the same time.

The purpose of the second "serial" was to have one that dumps debug messages, while the main one is used for communication with a host application

Robin2

I don't think so. You could use a USB-TTL cable to connect a PC to another Serial port on the Arduino.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

eerimoq

There are pluggable USB classes for a mouse and keyboard, but it seems there is none for cdc serial ports. There must be an implementation out there somewhere =)

I've implemented an example in Simba setting up two cdc serial ports on a Arduino Pro Micro. There is some lag at the startup and as usual the implementation can be improved, but hey, it works!

Simba does not support the Arduino Zero yet, but I plan to do so in the future. I just have to buy one =)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy