Another Eagle Question (Hole Sizes)

I need to have a few extra holes specified in a board layout. I want them to be the same size as the holes that will be drilled for the ICs on the board.

Is there a standard size drill specified for the through hole on these components?

Is there a standard size drill specified for the through hole on these components?

Not really. Usually 0.7mm or 0.8mm (or nearby decimal equivalent.) You can look in the library and see exactly what the hole size is...

Thanks. Which library? I've looked at some of the components and do not see any specs on hole size. Hate to sound lame but I really have looked and do not see this info.

Whichever library you're using (hole sizes may not be the same in other libraries!)

I didn't mean to imply that the hole sizes were documented. You have to go to the "device" and see which "package" it uses, and then edit the "package" and use the "info" command to look at the individual pads...

Actually, there may be an easier way. There is a "drilllegend.ulp" utility that will mark each sized hole with a unique symbol and create a nice little table. Type "run drilllegend" in the cli window, click "ok", let it run, turn of some layers so you can see what's there, and see if that is good enough...

The inconsistent libraries in general sorta suck. The Arduino reference design has some components with 0.91mm and some with 0.95mm holes, for example... (some MIGHT get filtered out when creating CNC drill files...)

westfw,

Thank you. That will give me the details I need. I just ran that on my Mac laptop using one of the example files. I'll give it a go tomorrow on the Linux workstation where my project files live.

Sweet! I love these forums!