[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Mine is not working: it shows the splash screen and then just closes. this is the Log output:

CmdLine:	C:\Devel\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\arduino.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64:		yes
Working dir:	C:\Devel\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\.
Bundled JRE:	java
Check launcher:	C:\Devel\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe (n/a)
64-bit search:	SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment...
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6.0_33
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7
Match:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_10
Using 64-bit runtime.
64-bit search:	SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit...
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.6
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.6.0_33
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.7
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.7.0_10
Using 64-bit runtime.
Check launcher:	C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Add classpath:	lib\pde.jar
Add classpath:	lib\core.jar
Add classpath:	lib\jna.jar
Add classpath:	lib\ecj.jar
Add classpath:	lib\RXTXcomm.jar
Launcher:	C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args:	-Xms256m -Xmx512m -classpath "lib;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base
Args length:	120/32768 chars
Exit code:	1

Machine is Windows 7 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, 64-bit JDK + 64-bit JRE

Hi, is the version with java working in your machine?

I don't think that all components of the Windows version of the IDE are 64 bit compatible.
The only way that I could get the IDE to work with an external version of Java on Win 64 is to install the 32 bit version of Java.

I'm back.

Been busy.

I took the two faulty boards to someone else.

He has many Arduinos.

All of them work. He can flash them and all that.

Plug mine in... Nothing.

As the chips are DIP, we swapped them.

I have forgotten what exactly happened, but one weird thing was that if we put the "128"(?) chip in where the 328 should be, it can be flashed.

But with the original (and other same) chips, it simply refuses to flash.

We tried re-burnign the boot loader, but that too failed.

WRT the "missing" DLL file:
I looked on my desk machine - which wasn't connected to the net at the time. There isn't one there either.
I was sort of hoping to find it and copy it. Alas.... That isn't going to happen.

The other person tried your GUI and it wouldn't flash MY Arduinos.
It would flash others.

Two boards, bought from DIFFERENT SHOPS who have DIFFERENT SUPPLIERS, both seem dead.

So, that solves the mistery and releases any guilt over my mod? ]:smiley:

It isn't that I was wanting or meaning to "point fingers".

I was only wanting to understand what the problem is.

Alas I am still none the wiser.

The ones I have (well two of them) don't work.
The other two do.

One is my alarm clock and the other one - ether ten - actually isn't "busted".

Going to one of the shops, we tried MULTIPLE boards and they all failed the same way.

Too many to be a coincidence.

Yet, my machine could flash the two I already had.

Buy at least one original Arduino. You will have a baseline for testing issues plus you support the project. I have clones, they work, but I always try to buy at least one original of every model

Yeah, that is what I have done.

My original THREE were "Freetroincs" ones.

1 - the clock
2 - an Ether 10 which I thought I blew up.
So I bought #3
3 - An "uno compatible".
It wouldn't flash.

I went back to the shop and tried several. None of them would flash either.

Out of desperation, I went to another shop and bought an GENUINE UNO.

It won't flash.

I went to someone else's place. He can't get them flashed either.

Out of sheer desperation - again - I dug up the Ether 10 and it actually still does work. Other circuit quirks which I need to fix.

It flashes.

The two "new" boards won't.

One is a Freetronics and one is a Genuine Arduino.

Go figure.

when i click on verify this massage display on :avr-g++: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

please need help important case .... i use win 8 64bit and adruino uni R3 & adruino EWR 1.0.3

Muchas gracias!
Arregló mi problema de "Dispositivo desconocido" con mi recientemente adquirida Arduino UNO.
=D

When I try to start Arduino I only get the splash screen (Win7 64 Ultimate). The startup log says:

CmdLine:	D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\arduino.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64:		yes
Working dir:	D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\.
Bundled JRE:	java
Check launcher:	D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Add classpath:	lib\pde.jar
Add classpath:	lib\core.jar
Add classpath:	lib\jna.jar
Add classpath:	lib\ecj.jar
Add classpath:	lib\RXTXcomm.jar
Launcher:	D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args:	-Xms256m -Xmx512m -classpath "lib;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base
Args length:	120/32768 chars
Exit code:	1

The normal Arduino did work, but had COM 4 already in use errors (Arduino was on COM4).

Am I forgetting something?

If you install it to program files, you get the same problem?

Great modification Eriel and Thanks for sharing it with everyone.
Would love to look over the code you shared and learn something from it some day.

Thanks again.

2012-12-29 Update

Too many people is having troubles in Windows 8, so I added a little reminder in the driver installer when that OS is detected. Hope that helps a lot of people getting a smoother process:

If someone wants to improve the instructions, send them to me. This update does not contains anything else, so you can skip it if you have the previous one from early december.

Hello,

thank you for this Enhanced Release!

How can I reset/reconnect the Arduino with your release? When I used the official one, I clicked on Serial Monitor and Arduino restarts then.
With "restart" I mean exactly the same as pressing the brown-red button on the Arduino saying "RESET".

Thanks again for your help :=)

karlok:
Hello,

thank you for this Enhanced Release!

How can I reset/reconnect the Arduino with your release? When I used the official one, I clicked on Serial Monitor and Arduino restarts then.
With "restart" I mean exactly the same as pressing the brown-red button on the Arduino saying "RESET".

Thanks again for your help :=)

Hi, that reset is a bug in the rxtx library, I fixed it so the enumeration is speedy in this version. Why you need that reset? Everytime you upload the code the arduino resets itself.

Hello,
I need it because I want to look how the program looks like resetted. For example now, I am working with an alarm system and if the sensor is triggered it will send some signals via radio transmission and if not it sends some other signals, and then I just reset Arduino and troubleshoot again why/why not something was triggered. Alternatively, I could change the code so that the alarm can be changed if the situation changed, e.g. stop blinking led when reed switch is closed again. but i like this reset-feature :wink:

If you need that bug, you can replace the rxtxSerial.dll file with the one from the official IDE package

Ok, works now. I backuped your modified dll however :wink: Thanks

Muchissimas Gracias !

Since arduino-0021 everything for me was broken, on two different Acer Aspire netbooks. Started developing on Uno, except for the ugly USB-COM in Win7 there was not too much problem and itwas FUN to make things. Had to upgrade Arduino IDE when I got Mega ADK, for almost a year NOTHING worked. I tried making tables of different combinations of Java, IDE, preferences.txt, and anything else suggested on the forums. Now with ERW 1.0.3 I can BLINK once more.

I took up Arduino not to troubleshoot WinDoze but to HAVE FUN MAKING THINGS.

THANK YOU!!!!

Enjoy a few beers on me, and I encourage everyone to contribute as well.