What does this Error mean and can I fix it?

I am trying to program my joystick shield to be able to just activate a button and I continue to get this error. I even have the arduino library for buttons and I still get this error. What is my problem and is it fixable? Thanks! -A Highschool Student

/*
 *  buttons.h
 *  One-shot and hold functions for buttons.
 *  Created by Franky on 29/01/09.
 *  Licensed under LGPL (free to modify and use as you wish)
 */

#include <inttypes.h>

#define OneShot 0
#define Memory 1
#define Timer 2
#define OneShotTimer 3
#define MemoryTimer 4

#define ON 1
#define OFF 0
#define Pressed 2
#define Released 3
#define Hold 4

typedef uint8_t byte;

class Button {
public:
	Button();
	Button(byte type);
	void assign(byte pin);
	byte check();
	byte check(byte mode_v);
	// Setters
	void setMode(byte type_v);
	void setTimer(unsigned int t);
	void setRefresh(unsigned int r);
	void turnOnPullUp();
	void turnOffPullUp();

private:	
	byte pin;
	byte mode;
	unsigned long hold_timer;
	unsigned long refresh_timer;
	unsigned int hold_level;
	unsigned int hold_refresh;
	bool previous;
};

/*

Button modes:

- OneShot: OneShot only, returns 2 values (ON/OFF)
 - Memory: Returns (Pressed/ON/Released/OFF)
 - Timer: Hold System (OFF/ON/Hold)
 - OneShotTimer: Combi OneShot & Timer (ON/Hold/OFF)
 - MemoryTimer: Combi Memory & Timer 
 (Pressed/ON/Hold/Released/OFF)

*/

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function main': C:\Users\IAN\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3-windows\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:11: undefined reference to setup'
C:\Users\IAN\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3-windows\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:14: undefined reference to `loop'

Please post your entire code, using code tags.

I would also hazard a guess and say: Yes, it is fixable. But not until you show us what needs fixing.

I think you will have to post your sketch for anyone to help you on this matter. Use the code tag # above the edit window and past your sketch into it.

Lefty

The message means your sketch has no loop or setup functions.

But it looks like a library you are compiling. You need a test sketch to use the library perhaps?

I am a beginner at coding and all I know is that for my project (I have an Uno) I need to write a code that would send a serial over when I press a button to either c# or c++ that would read it and then transfer that into a keystroke. (I am trying to play emulator games, mainly Megaman)

I need to write a code that would send a serial over when I press a button to either c# or c++ that would read it and then transfer that into a keystroke

It sounds like you are going to need a Leonardo, not an UNO.

The code you posted is just a C++ header file and cannot compile by itself. The Arduino IDE is primarily designed to compile Arduino sketches, which are C/C++ files with two mandatory functions, setup() and loop(). But before coding your Button class you should become familiar with how Arduino manages pushbuttons, both in hardware (digital pins, pull-up and pull-down resistors) and software (digitalRead). In the Learning and Reference section of the main Arduino site you will find tutorials and examples. From the IDE you can select File - Examples - 02.Digital - Button, just to get you started.