New Board - Nice!

exactly!

Error: Posting this fast is considered spamming, you are warned!
You are only allowed 98 more attempt(s) after which you will be banned as spammer!

if this is considered a bug, I could reactivate my account at YaBB and file it there.

Edit: I just posted this at yabbforum.com and it seems this behaviour can be adjusted. They also have the wait... feature, but it timeouts much faster (5s or so).

And I know I'm new here (or rather not that active in posting), but I still want to post a link to my latest build, but I cant, because I'm not up on 10 post's yet. So I'm reading trhough every topic where I could add something that actually makes sense (instead of just adding random: "yeah!" or "+1".

Hello

We just installed this yesterday and we're trying to do our best to finetune the spam settings.. It's a bit annoying for us but keeps a lot of spammers out

Considering that from now on I'm manually approving any new user to filter out spammers...

Hello
We just installed this yesterday and we're trying to do our best to finetune the spam settings.. It's a bit annoying for us but keeps a lot of spammers out

Considering that from now on I'm manually approving any new user to filter out spammers...

Thanks for your efforts, they are much appreciated.
One bit of fine tuning you may want to consider is to reduce or eliminate the delay for modifying an existing post. I would think that only valid users would bother changing text they already posted.

And thanks for returning to the yellow checkmark motif for "new posts". The slightly flashing bullets were hard for my poor old eyes to see. :o

Mikal

EDIT: I may have jumped the gun. It looks like the flashing bullets are back. Ah well!

Hi,

Thanks for the putting the work into the server move and forum upgrade--I'll have to take a look at the RSS features.

A few thoughts:

Is it just my imagination or has the "quote" reply button disappeared?

but I still want to post a link to my latest build, but I cant, because I'm not up on 10 post's yet.

FWIW I think that requirement should be removed--it's reasonable for a new valid poster to want to post a URL and IMO I think not being able to do so is too high a price to pay for anti-spamming. [Update: After catching up on the last couple of days postings and noticing at least 4 or 5 comments from posters negatively impacted by this I'm even more convinced this is too high a price to pay.]

Are you manually approving the new user or a first post? I still consider delays like this for new users sub-optimal but YMMV.

I did wonder why things seemed quiet spam-wise--I guess this means I'm out of a job already and can hang up my spam-moderation mantle. :smiley:

Thanks again for the putting the work into the server move and forum upgrade--it's appreciated!

--Phil.

P.S. For anyone that missed it there's some interesting info on the server upgrade on the Arduino blog: Arduino Blog

I may have jumped the gun. It looks like the flashing bullets are back.

FWIW they just appeared for me also--possibly a caching issue? I also prefer the previous indicator icon.

--Phil.

The new on line / off line feature.

I assume that if you are logged in all the time it shows you as being on line even though you are not.

It's hard to check this as it's rather like opening the fridge door to see if the light goes out when you close it. ::slight_smile:

Grumpy_Mike,

At 1:21PM US Central Daylight Time on 16 September, you were listed as "offline". My guess is that you are considered "online" only as long as you have an active HTTP session. I think 20 minutes is the default.

M

That's good. Thanks for being in the fridge for me.

Thanks also to everyone that makes this a great place to be.

Oy!

I've spoken to some semi god at YaBB forum, and it seems the spam warning problem we're having here is due to a configuration option. The YaBB forum permits pressing the 'refresh preview' button as fast as one likes, no warning. I guess this should be just a few clicks, just like reducing the time penalty to say 5s and bringing back the quote button.

Now that we are back to the template without the blinking message leds, I can't find control panel for the user settings. Or am I missing something?
I'm sure this is WIP, but thought I should mention it.

(Should it be between Members || Logout?)

Am I the only one who can not change their Profile?

no, the profile editor seems to be pushing up the daisies.

madworm
Thanks much for your answer. Since I hadn't heard anything, I thought it could have been on my end somehow.
I started using Chrome :sunglasses:

You can get to it by going to your PM inbox and then clicking profile under the View heading.

Even better news. Thanks

Is there a way to edit your first post in a post? I wanted to say something like *updated -> new video - or something to that extent rather than making new posts etc...

heres a link to get your profile until it gets fixed
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=mycenter
:slight_smile: