Go Down

Topic: Heating issue (Read 2173 times) previous topic - next topic

komarek

i think i m going to create another thread here, because my esp8266 create a wifi network called testAP and how i dont know how is it possible :)

Wawa

Just post the code here.
The threads will get merged if you create another one anyway, because it's against forum rules.
Not a good coder here, but this is what I see in one of the examples.
Code: [Select]
if (AdminEnabled)
 {
 WiFi.mode(WIFI_AP_STA);
 WiFi.softAP( ACCESS_POINT_NAME , ACCESS_POINT_PASSWORD);
 }
 else
 {
 WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);
 }

The if/else statement chooses one or the other mode.
Leo..

komarek

Just post the code here.
The threads will get merged if you create another one anyway, because it's against forum rules.
Not a good coder here, but this is what I see in one of the examples.
if (AdminEnabled)
 {
 WiFi.mode(WIFI_AP_STA);
 WiFi.softAP( ACCESS_POINT_NAME , ACCESS_POINT_PASSWORD);
 }
 else
 {
 WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);
 }

The if/else statement chooses one or the other mode.
Leo..
i don't have anything like this in my code
but the esp is producing a "testAP" network anyway

Ricardol

What happens when you use a 5 volt? It should work in my opinion.

komarek

What happens when you use a 5 volt? It should work in my opinion.
i tried with batteries pack 6.2v and 5v through the VIN... it doesn't even turn on

ElCaron

Maybe you should finally measure the current. For the full project, only the MCU, and if that differs considerably, for each step while plugging stuff in.

komarek

do you know which pin shall i take for the measure?

ElCaron

Current is measured in series, so I don't really understand your question. You put your multimeter in ampere mode between Vin and the + pole of you power source. If you power via USB, either cut open a USB cable, or get one of those USB current meters I linked here ages ago.

komarek

Current is measured in series, so I don't really understand your question. You put your multimeter in ampere mode between Vin and the + pole of you power source. If you power via USB, either cut open a USB cable, or get one of those USB current meters I linked here ages ago.
well on the VIN the power is 6.8 volts
on the CPU the power is the same: 6.8 volts
on the regulator the power is 3.4 volts

komarek

with more accuracy:

on the VIN 6.8V

on the REGULATOR:
1 pin is 3.4v
1 pin is 6.8V

on THE BIG chip with WIFI symbol (i guess the CPU):
many pin with 6.8V
1 pin with 6.2V

ElCaron

May 09, 2017, 05:30 pm Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:35 pm by ElCaron
Current is measured in ampere, not in volt.
If you actually did measure correctly, and your ESP8266 is at 6.8V, and your regulator is at 3.4V, then something is seriously wrong wired and most probably, most of you stuff is seriously fucked by now. That also explains your problem. You are just short circuiting stuff. May through your MCU.

What kind of hardware are you even using? What CPU? The NodeMCU has an ESP12 module on it, which IS the MCU AND the Wifi. There is no other CPU. You might be looking at the USB-to-Serial chip.

komarek

If you actually did measure correctly, and your ESP8266 is at 6.8V, and your regulator is at 3.4V, then something is seriously wrong wired and most probably, most of you stuff is seriously fucked by now. That also explains your problem. You are just short circuiting stuff. May through your MCU.

What kind of hardware are you even using? What CPU? The NodeMCU has an ESP12 module on it, which IS the MCU AND the Wifi. There is no other CPU. You might be looking at the USB-to-Serial chip.
sorry if i answer quite quickly now
anyway:

i unfortunately don't have an amperometer available
the hardware is a Esp-8266-12e on a NodeMCU dev module

komarek

maybe i found an amperometer
gonna update later. cheers

komarek

so
THIS IS THE THING

i realized that there is full contact (the tester is beeping) between 3.3V and GND in every pin of the ESP
i don't think it's a good thing :)
now it make sense that i have 6.5V on the cpu (when powering from the VIN) and around 5V on the CPU when i power it from the USB... considering it should be 3.3V anyway on that part.

so my question is:
do you think i m having a short circuit right now on the solderings? because i checked em all and they look good... or i broke something inside the device?
because all the parts seem to work quite good:
the display
the DHT11
the LDR

i just wonder if the esp itself is irredeemably broken or there's still some funky soldering that i m not finding

cheers

ElCaron

now it make sense that i have 6.5V on the cpu
No, that still doesn't make sense. There is a regulator on the board. Only a very smal part of the board should have more than 3.3V on it.

Go Up