Seasons greetings!

A late happy holidays! I am sure that smart Santa-believing kids world wide can install sonic rangers and IR detectors to chimney and plate (where cookies are) to catch Santa next year if Santa did get them an arduino this time XD

Our first white Christmas in 83 years...
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/North-Texas-bracing-for-snow-on-Christmas-Eve-80023612.html

wow!, first white in 83 years, definitely a X-mas to remember coming centuries

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all
:slight_smile:

here's hoping Santa brought you what you wanted

Jimmy60:
This morning a nice, crispy -30C

I'm reminded of a Lewis Black audio from youtube about Minnesota winters (Warning: lots of X-rated language, as in any Lewis Black recording): when he saw on the news that it was -20F there, he said "That's not 'weather': that's 'an emergency condition'. And if you had any sense, you'd be calling the federal government to say 'Get us the (bleep) outta here!'".

06h00 New Years morning, 21C wall to wall blue sky.

Now is the time to finally switch to v1.03 ! or whatever we are supposed to be on now :slight_smile:

Perhaps you can teach an old dog new tricks !

And I will also try to remember to control-T my sketches before posting the this year ( nature decided I was not meant to be musical, tidy, or thin - I have wasted quite a bit of my 65 years trying to fight nature ! )

Thanks everyone for all the help, especially when I have several projects on the go at once, and get myself confused...

Happy New Year John!

Best wishes to you all for the new year.

Hoping 2013 is better than the last one.

Christmas wiped out due to flu and my wife spending most of last year being in an out of hospital with something the medical profession can't find.

Still plenty to look forward to in the new year. The Due to explore, lots of shows already booked and more project ideas than I can ever get done. Both kids with settled girlfriends so you never know. I wouldn't mind being a grandad but I don't know if I can cope with being married to a grandma.

I hope 2013 is everything you expect it to be, no alarms and no surprises. :slight_smile:

Happy New Year John!

Thanks Robert, and G Mike, what a bad year ! It must surely be a better year coming...

Every one of our friends and family in UK had someone seeing in the new year in their sickbed !

My great grandson is fine though, he is only 2, and I look forward to getting him involved with Arduino in a few years time, though we will probably be on the Spaghettuino by then with built in iPad and Xbox running on V45.0.............

Grumpy_Mike:
Hoping 2013 is better than the last one.

I know 2012 was a bad year for many, but oh man if 2013 gets any better for me I am going to start spitting candy canes from my arse

This time last year I had just lost a 8 month temp job I excelled at doing photo editing for a school photography company, cause a lady decided to not quit, since then I have been on a rocketship ride doing my old hobby as a profession. I am in a awesome company who is still pretty small and very personal doing OEM automotive electronics for the 3 main American makers. I spend 9-12 hours a day sometimes 7 days a week there and am thrilled with all the crap I just have to tinker, make, and design.

I have learned so much and at the same time gained the respect of the senior engineers with my "F it lets hack" mentality ... which recently help get a whole new production asic from on-semi based on a hack of their own silicon (which has not even been released yet)

I just cant wait for what lays ahead!

to you and yours, I wish you a fraction of my excitement in the new year

My son starts college in the fall, not looking forward to the 1st year bills in August & December 8)

Well I'm getting one of these but the Fluke Fairy hasn't dropped it off yet due to out-of-stock =(

Grumpy_Mike:
but I don't know if I can cope with being married to a grandma.

It'll definitely be a lot harder to cope if she catches you posting stuff like that ]:smiley:

I have an EXTECH EX330, comes with a JK thermocouple probe, which I've used for reflow solder temperature monitoring.

$60 at mouser, I got it on sale at you-do-it electronics outside of Boston, MA.

Happy New Year and a belated Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you may or may not celebrate XD) to y'all!

A special shout out to the moderators and other habitual contributors and experts that make this a really great forum ... you know who you are!

Right back at ya' Jack! You contribute a lot here as well :slight_smile:

Happy New Year dear Arduino friends! :slight_smile:

That depends on how well I do on the coming exams.

Happy belated new year! We don't celebrate X-mas so thanks Jack! But I can't say for sure our new born won't do X-mas so we took him out and took a few pictures in front of a christmas tree in the club room. My gifts from santa would be the really useful boxes deals justjed told us. At office depot buy two get one for free. I went and bought $60 worth boxes and now my desk is clean and all different projects are in total order! Now just need to work on sleeping with the baby and both working full time.

Sorry to be so late. Heyyyy, parrrrrty!

Nick, The Boss doesn't need Arduino but some of The Helpers (the only ones you see) might. My list is short and those kids aren't old enough yet and from the way they've begun to act won't be on the A list much longer to get Arduinos.

But hey the important thing to me is that Arduinos be given by Santa/Helpers.