Display on project case

So I have a project case;

Case

See attachment for picture of screen/case

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a product to use to clean up the area around the screen. It's not the best fit and there are some gaps between the screen and the case. It would also be nice if it could help adhere the screen to the case.

What have any of you used in the past?

Thanks.

Probably best just to buy a new enclosure and cut it more carefully this time but I feel your pain, especially with such an overpriced enclosure, ouch! I'm pretty bad at cutting square holes. I actually used an enclosure with a clear lid for my last project just so that I wouldn't have to make a cutout for the display. It ended up working out well because I was able to mount the LED strip inside the enclosure instead of trying to mount it to the outside of the enclosure, which would have been difficult to make look nice.

Another option would be to have a laser cut opaque acrylic bezel made for you with mounting holes. The opening in the bezel would be small enough that it will cover the edge of the hole in the enclosure and the non-functional part of the display. As for mounting the display, I'd need to see a picture of the whole thing to say, but maybe the mounting screws for the bezel could also be used to mount the display.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately buying a new case is not an option at this point. This is for work, and I am on a budget and don't want to spend any more money on it. I have 3x of them that have some similar defects.

That being done it doesn't have to look super pretty, just somewhat cleaner would be nice.

I used a Dremel to cut the holes, it worked but was a bit hard to control on the material. Any suggestions for a different tool?

The screen is this one, there are no mounting holes. I am fine with permanently adhering it to the case. Can this be done with any glues? Epoxies? WIll the solvents in them adversely affect the board?

I think the bezel solution will be the best option because it can solve both your issues. What you want to do is put some washers on the mounting screws on the inside of the enclosure that will hold the display up so it's sandwiched between the bezel on top and the washers on the bottom. You may need to use plastic washers to avoid shorting any contacts on the circuit board. You need to be careful not to put too much pressure on the display. Another option would be to use a thin strip of double sided foam tape around the border of the display that will stick to the underside of the bezel. There is some pretty strong tape available but I'd still be a bit nervous about it in the long term since it's a touch screen that will be pushed on constantly. You could actually do a combination of the two. The tape will provide some cushioning from the force of the washers and the washers will provide a secure mechanical attachment.

Check this one out.

I suspect the dimensions of that bezel are not right for Juhall260's display and the clear acrylic protector would probably interfere with the touch screen. But that's a good example of what I'm talking about. It would probably look really nice. You could easily make a custom bezel design vector file and send it to someone with a laser cutter for hire. They're pretty common these days.

for cutting out square opening by hand. It's better to use a drill press and then clean it up using a file.

3D print a bezel that clamps into the hole and fits the screen. You have someone that can do 3D design work?

-jim lee

For a display I had , I searched the internet for a bezel and found the 3d print code for one. I sent the code off and had the bezel printed.

You could try some small diameter vinyl tubing or cable sheath cut down the side and fitted ( glued) over the edge of the hole might do it .