20x15 WS2812B led matrix table games

Hello..I have been working on a 20 x 15 WS2812B matrix table with games I would post my sketch but I can't..after I log in on the pc and make a selection it keeps routing me back to my profile......but anyways ....I have gotten glediator to work fast led and jinx to work...I noticed that on the Interactive Ikea Led Table..they used the WS2812B's..so I thought I'd give it a shot..First of all I am using the WS2812B led strip and arduino mega 2560 and the hc-05 bluetooth module. I got it to where it will display the menu and games but it is displaying funky...I have spent 2 weeks trying to get it to work right..I know not being able to upload my sketch don't help..I have common grounds..on arduino and strip..I have my leds in a snake like pattern and I was starting to think that is the problem...and I really hope not, because I spent a lot of time soldering them up this way..will post again when I can log in on the pc

Basically gladiator does not work properly. I understand that the raster option to use a serpentine raster is one of the features that is broken. See the other thread about it here.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=406851.new#new

I have no problem running the snake pattern in glediator. .or glediator itself.

You might not but it is the exporter stuff that is broken.

Ok thanks I'll take a look

So will the FAB_LED fix my problem. I am still having problems on the pc site..waiting so I can post my sketch

So will the FAB_LED fix my proble

No idea what that is, can you post a link please.

The link is in the thread link you posted

drosenhoover:
So will the FAB_LED fix my problem.

l would have thought not as it is gladiator that does not work properly, not the LED driver at the Arduino end.

As for attaching stuff you can

1. copy from your PC press the code icon the </> and paste in between the code tags that pop up.
  2. use the reply button in place of the quick reply, then use the additional triangle to attach a document.
  3. post a link to where you found the code if you did not write it yourself.

If the code is too big for 1) then write a cut down version that just shows the problem you are having.

I'm not running glediator on the sketch I'm using..posting the code is not the problem. The problem is on the pc when I log in it takes me to my profile screen. When I select forum or home or any selection besides the store..it says I'm already logged in and take me back to my profile..i already emailed the Web master and have not got any response

That code will not compile.
Have you posted all of it?

There is no mainLoop function and the compiler complains that the font variables are wrong

in file led_table/led_table.ino:155:0:
/Arduino/libraries/MatrixDisplay/font.h:4:35: error: variable 'myfont' must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of '__attribute__((progmem))'
 unsigned char PROGMEM myfont[47][5] = {

^
led_table/led_table.ino: In function 'uint8_t loadCharInBuffer(char)':
led_table:196: error: 'font' was not declared in this scope
       charBuffer[x][y] = ((font[idx]) & (1 << (7 - x))) > 0;

And what are we supposed to do with that?
If you do want to send that much then select your project folder and zip it up then post it. Therefore it will not need assembling. Also include a link to any none standard libraries you have used.

I'm sorry about that.. was getting frustrated trying to upload the sketch. here is the link to the main sketch from David https://github.com/davidhrbaty/IKEA-LED-Table/
I have also included a zip file.

led_table.zip (18 KB)

Thanks, give me a day or so to look at it.
Cheers

When you say:-

I got it to where it will display the menu and games but it is displaying funky.

Can you be more specific please, posting a picture showing the funk would help.

It's supposed to be 1....scrolling from right to left...it scrolls from left right. My leds are in a snakes pattern

Well i tried changing my led pattern from snake like to a progressive order and it made every other strip go the right direction..which is making progress.. but is still not right..It is driving me crazy. Especially because I know it is probably something simple to fix it

Especially because I know it is probably something simple to fix it

Well not quite. It looks like you have laid out the strips in the reverse direction to what the software was expecting. Therefore it comes down to changing just two functions.
Have you uncommented the #define ORIENTATION_HORIZONTAL? if you have it is the first part of the two functions that needs changing, otherwise it is the second part.
The functions are:-

void setTablePixel(int x, int y, int color){ 
   #ifdef ORIENTATION_HORIZONTAL 
   setPixel(y%2 ? y*FIELD_WIDTH + x : y*FIELD_WIDTH + ((FIELD_HEIGHT-1)-x),color); 
     #ifdef USE_CONSOLE_OUTPUT 
       setTablePixelConsole(y,x,color); 
    #endif 
   #else 
   setPixel(x%2 ? x*FIELD_WIDTH + ((FIELD_HEIGHT-1)-y) : x*FIELD_WIDTH + y,color); 
      setTablePixelConsole(x,y,color); 
     #endif 
   #endif 

}

void setTablePixelRGB(int x, int y, int r,int g, int b){ 
   setPixelRGB(y%2 ? y*FIELD_WIDTH + x : y*FIELD_WIDTH + ((FIELD_HEIGHT-1)-x),r,g,b); 
      setTablePixelConsole(y,x,color); 
     #endif 
  #else 
  setPixelRGB(x%2 ? x*FIELD_WIDTH + ((FIELD_HEIGHT-1)-y) : x*FIELD_WIDTH + y,r,g,b); 
      setTablePixelConsole(x,y,color); 
    #endif 
   #endif 
 }

I would first of all try to subtract the passed x variable from the field width like this:-

void setTablePixel(int x, int y, int color){ 
    x = FIELD_WIDTH - x;
void setTablePixelRGB(int x, int y, int r,int g, int b){ 
      x = FIELD_WIDTH - x;

Ok thanks I'll give it a try when I get home..on the road for work right now..I'll be home tomorrow

Well i changed my leds back to the snake pattern.. I subtracted the passed x from the field width..it is a lot better but still off. They are going the right direction now but I'm still getting spaces and extra leds lighting up on the words..