electricity and safety

After the first video I thought "What the f... is this guy doing ?", but after seeing more I think he's teaching safety in a non pedantic and hilarious way.

In reality its kind of silly to drop 24 volts at 5 amps peak into your tongue and mention safety, as it gives the impression of

HA HA thats a good gag!

it can cause some damage, and the total disregard to electricity shown in the video is unwise to those just starting out

though I will admit its funny to see this clown shock his ass, I dont want some kid to thing "jee AC? lets hook up this 240 volt line to my mates head and feet and watch him dance"

We used to stick our tongues on 9V battery contacts. Then my cousin Robbie stuck his in a hot car cig lighter, and it burned stuck.

The usual stupid test up home is who will stick their tongue on a metal flagpole at 10 below or colder. There seems to be one in every generation, either very brave or village idiot material.

Kids and dangerous stunts .... think of it as evolution in action. Protect them enough and Idiocracy happens sooner. We're well down that road BTW.

GoForSmoke:
The usual stupid test up home is who will stick their tongue on a metal flagpole at 10 below or colder. There seems to be one in every generation, either very brave or village idiot material.

I personally did need only one lesson for something temperature related as well. Never get distracted while soldering, picking up a hot iron at the wrong end really hurts.

I don't know whether I was wise or just a coward at a young age, when talking about stunts. I always lost the contest who would ride a bicycle the longest distance, with eyes closed.

Once, the soldering iron I was using rolled off the bench and I caught it in midair ....

Glass:
Once, the soldering iron I was using rolled off the bench and I caught it in midair ....

I did that when I was 13, funny but I have never done it again, I am 61 now.

Grumpy_Mike:

Glass:

I did that when I was 13, funny but I have never done it again, I am 61 now.

Count me also in the 'I caught a hot iron in mid fall' club (I had lighting reflexes as a youth), but also just that once. From then on 'muscle memory' has prevented a repeat of that very strong emotional event.

Lefty

"strong emotional event" indeed !
I was twentysomething, and as you both observed, I've never done it again, either.