Google Plus!

Does anybody have invites left? If so, I would be so appreciative to have such a cutting edge technology in my grasp. :grin:
-P.S I know they're not accepting new users right now, but I would love to have an invite so I'm ready when they are.

Did you get invited?

Hey guys I'm on - just send me a PM :slight_smile:

So long as you're over 18... (google won't let you if you're not)

I'm not into these social network sites at all but I am finding Google+ to be WAY better that FB from a user interface PoV. Also I think they have a better model.

Does anybody have invites left?

I didn't realise there was a limit but I haven't invited anyone so I can invite you as well if necessary.

Rob

I have invited 2 people so far from this forum...

There is no limit on invites

Mowcius

I can't find you there Mowcius, probably because I think you have to know real names and/or emails.

Rob

I can't find you there Mowcius, probably because I think you have to know real names and/or emails.

Yes indeed... I'm not very interesting anyway

Thanks for the invite, Mowcius!
I now have a tiny little Arduino "circle"

Yeah so I heard :smiley:

So, what is it, a FB replacement kinda thingie? I got sick of that really quick. Twitter too. Most of the time, I prefer to think that other simply do not exist once they leave my immediate field of vision or interest.. any bits of software that provide contrary evidence are a problem.

Really, is there any real advantage, or is it just another social networking platform thing?

It's another social networking platform thing.

They really need to get it out of invite only over 18s only testing soon as I think people are getting a little bored...

mowcius:
It's another social networking platform thing.

They really need to get it out of invite only over 18s only testing soon as I think people are getting a little bored...

I feel like you should probably rephrase that

Bahaha - I can't say I have many under 18 friends but they're the group that'll either be the game changer or not.

After now having Google+ for a while I can't see it making any difference to the facebook usage numbers.

Add me my email is @ the host of the social network we're talking about's email

with or without capitals?

PM would have been just as easy to send... :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: done

not sure that capital letters matter in emails :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I didn't get it apparently....

* Valalvax PMs this time

the capitals was kind of a joke - well I sent the invite again.
Check your spam box...

not sure where to post this...

but i find this is very disturbing:

I have a google nexus one phone with the google+ app installed. I use this mainly to check my e-mails and to take pictures. The pictures I take are either work related (in other words, I might get in trouble if they appeared on the internet) or personal (in other words, I probably do not want them on the internet, as I am very picky about which parts of my personal life I share.)

I have recieved several messages from google plus lately stating that: "Pictures have been added from instant upload" ... I never checked, becouse I am really busy at the moment, and was just not interested.

I checked today and I found that every single picture and video I had taken with my phone had been uploaded to google plus. Now the pictures where not publicly shared (I think) as I have to manually do this, but they are on some server, out of my control.

I can delete them (what does that even mean?).

Now aside from that privacy issue there is also the issue of data transfer. My camera is set to maximum resolution, so the data transfer was not trivial. Also, I happened to record a total of probably 45 minutes of video which was also uploaded.

I do not have a dataplan - I just log into free wifi when available. Still, lots of people pay per mb or something, and the amount of data used for uploading the files is not neglectable.

All in all, I feel this is an inapropreate invasion into my privacy and quite disturbing.

I am aware that this is probably something which I agread to in the small print somewhere along the line, but I feel this is an issue which should not be in small print but should be made explicit. It also feels inapropreate that this is a standard feature which is automatically on. (I did not unintantionally activate it, as I never bothered to mess with settings in the first place. I was just curios, took a look at it, got bored, and forgot it.)

Anyway. I am quite turned off from the whole google experience by this. Just felt like sharing. I'd be interested to hear what you people here think. Also, if there is a forum or some place where people are interested in these issues, and where it is more on topic, please point me to it. I feel like this is not trivial.

p.

I have not heard of that from my other friends who use the app on their android phones but interesting none the less.