LPD8806 RGB LED Strip - Reverse Engineer (with pics) questions/feedback

citlee:

Cranium:
For those interested in the strips I found to be cheaper, it is here:
This product is no longer available.

The description states 12v but after inquiring about this, I found out these are actually a 5v model. The group several types together with different ICs (specifically 6803, 8806, & 2801).

The quote I was provided for 10 meters shipped was $145. I did not buy from them because they wanted a wire transfer or western union. I did not trust this.

If anyone does decide to go this route, please post pictures and user experience. :slight_smile:

I would be extremely interested in continuing to hear about your experience on this purchase. If you do receive it, please post some pictures of the strip showing the IC's and LED configuation. If it is using a 5V power supply the LPD8806 library should work well with it.

Funnily enough, this is the exact same thing that I found a few days ago and have ordered from this supplier, before seeing this thread (I am currently trying to work out how a different strip works in another thread, without much joy). I've already paid them via Western Union, total of $75 for 5 metres and DHL shipping. They claim to be having trouble with my address - which is entirely plausible given my location, but we shall see. I am expecting to hear back from them next week, should have the strip within two weeks. The 8 hour time difference is a bit of a problem when it comes to resolving issues.