Arduino BT problem

Hi All,

I'm having a series of issues with the Arduino BT v06.

I have been using a firmware to read various analogue sensors and transmitting data to Max/MSP. This worked well for the last couple of years. When I first put the code back in 2008 I had a problem with windows asking for the passcode everytime I wanted to connect the device. For this reason I made some changes so that the arduino would not require a passcode

Serial.println("SET BT AUTH *");

This worked as expected and had been using the BT for performance without any further issues... until now.

I upgraded my computer to a mac running OsX 10.6.4 when I set up the bluetooth device in OsX I have specified that the device does not require a passcode, however whenever I try to connect I get the prompt that I need to enter a passcode. I can't just hit enter with the field left blank and obviously, no matter what I enter it won't connect.

I tried to just change the firmware to use a passcode but this also happens when using the arduino IDE, so I can't change the firmware nor connect in any way.

I don't have any other computer available at the moment to see if it works with windows and an older version of the arduino IDE.

I was thinking of resetting the bluetooth chip but could not find information about doing that. According to the BT page in the arduino website, digital pin 7 resets the chip but it is not specified if it resets to its factory settings or to the settings that came originally when I bought the board. If I reset it, would it just turn to the default passcode (12345)? or will it reset some other settings rendering unusable?

I'm interested in how reset works for the BT since in a slightly related issue, I have a bunch of BT boards that were used by some students at Uni that have their own passcodes and I can't reprogram.

Any help regarding this will be very appreciated.

best

• Miguel