An Attiny85 I/O Network

strykeroz:
If swapping out the microcontroller to program it bugs you, there's always the option of putting a 6 pin header on your board and programming them in-place too. If you add a dedicated programming board, are you thinking that would just be a set of headers and some kind of switch to select the target uC to program? If so that sounds like headers on each uC level would be cheaper/simpler to me, but entirely your call of course.

Cheers !
Geoff

I know what I said before, but things change as new ideas develop.

Now, I pretty sure I would like all the boards made equal. But they will still have all the functionality as before.

I think that is possible with the USBasp. Cuts down on: costs, overall work, wires and frees up my Arduino. The most practical solution I can see is simply adding a few male pins for the 5x2 native USBasp connection.

To be honest, I'm very unsure. New territory for me. So your input is very much appreciated.

On a side note, one thing I forgot was 10k pull-down required between signals. AH, that is going to be hard to incorporate. Probably have to use a DIP switch.