Course Curriculum Feedback Needed?

Hi All,

Here is an outline of a course curriculum we are planning for this summer. We did something similar last winter and it ended up being a huge success. The objective is to get students excited and working hands-on. I would love to have your feedback on things to be added / removed. One thing to remember would be 'more value for less money'.

http://build.simplelabs.co.in/sites/default/files/Course_Outline.xls

Cheers,
Pracas

Hello Pracas,

This is a very ambitious program!

What prerequisites or experience do you expect students to have?? Basic electrical concepts? Basic electronic circuits? Computer / processor concepts? Any programming language experience? Is English instruction an issue with any of your students? Are your students all highly motivated, or is there a wide range?

This is a LOT to dive into if someone has Zero background.

You cover a LOT of ground in 2 weeks in this course! It seems like the right material is covered. I might question spending 90 minutes on Mux/Demux when you have so many other important subjects.

Other basic questions:

Do you expect each student / team to bring their own computer and install the Arduino software? Do you support OS other than Windows?? This can be a major hassle.

How many students do you expect in the class at one time?? What is your limit?

It would take me at least a month to get ready to do a class like this!!

I'm glad to see you doing this, and I wish sometimes we had taken a job offer in India 2 years ago instead of Saudi Arabia.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the feedback.

prerequisites - Basic Electronics & 'C' Programming + a lot of interest & enthusiasm :wink:

Do you expect each student / team to bring their own computer and install the Arduino software? Do you support OS other than Windows?? This can be a major hassle. - Yes to all of the above... we've been doing this kind of installation for 2 years now :wink:

How many students do you expect in the class at one time?? What is your limit? - 15 at a time, limited to 20-25

It would take me at least a month to get ready to do a class like this!! - it took us a lot of time and we are still preparing and changing... BTW, we've trained more than 2000 students on arduino in the last year... nearly 4000 students in the last 30 months and nearly 90 on a similar training program we did in december :wink:

The idea behind covering a lot of ground in short time is this - Students have a short span of interest in most areas and want to see their creations within this to stay put. Experience has taught us that this span is around 2-3 weeks from the time they take up a course... this is also the time they are enthusiastic about the course... sadly, beyond that students drop out regularly...

I was expecting more feedback from the other senior memebers... somehow everyone seems to be quiet :frowning:

I'm from India too and was once upon a time wanted to get into this program ,contacted the professional's there and asked many question's according to me this is a Wholesome course that provides you with the knowledge so that you get on working on your own very fast and it provides you with a solid base so you can get further without taking any additional courses.

for example they make you learn the basic connection and dealings of arduino system with internet so you can augment this knowledge and implement it for effective uses.

NOTE: i was unable to attend as i live in North India and due to some personal family reason's not able to commute at that place also for us outsider's the course fees more than doubles due to accommodation reason's.

Nishant:
NOTE: i was unable to attend as i live in North India and due to some personal family reason's not able to commute at that place...

This is NOT any substitute for this extensive course, but I have some Arduino Education material at : http://yourduino.com It will be improving over the next couple months..