old arduino I2C lcd i have isnt working anymore

I have an old lcd i bought about 2 years ago and put into a watch. i decided to dissemble the watch as im now building an arduino sequencer. the one problem is the old library no longer works. this is the library i used 2 years ago i downloaded the bottom link as it seemed most recent. Index of /filevault/Electronics/Arduino
the one problem is that this old library no longer works with the current arduino idea and returns these errors.

In file included from HelloWorld.pde:2:0:
/home/brenden/sketchbook/libraries/LiquidCrystal_I2C/LiquidCrystal_I2C.h:80:16: error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual void LiquidCrystal_I2C::write(uint8_t)’
   virtual void write(uint8_t);
                ^
In file included from /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Stream.h:26:0,
                 from /usr/share/arduino/libraries/Wire/Wire.h:26,
                 from HelloWorld.pde:1:
/usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.h:48:20: error:   overriding ‘virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)’
     virtual size_t write(uint8_t) = 0;
                    ^

I dont understand what this means as it is from the library and i have not gotten into that level of arduino as of yet.

also here is the code im running

#include <Wire.h> 
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x20,16,2);  // set the LCD address to 0x20 for a 16 chars and 2 line display

void setup()
{
  lcd.init();                      // initialize the lcd 

// Print a message to the LCD.
  lcd.backlight();
  lcd.print("Hello, world!");
}

void loop()
{
}

I dont know why but it suddenly works. didnt change the code. simply started working suddenly. GG arduino.