NO USB Serial Port von Mac OSX 10.7.3

Hi,

i just try to put some software onto an Arduino Mega. I've connected USB and also tested with external power but it seems the USB->Serial connection isn't established. I can't see the serial port in the list - only the bluetooth related stuff from the system.

I'm using Arduino 1.0 (downloaded yesterday) - any idea what may go wrong? Tried rebooting but didn't help. Couldn't find anything helpful through google so far.

Thanks,
Frank

EDIT: Tried under Windows and works - so the board seems to be ok just there's no serial port on the Lion.

Connect your Arduino and then:
Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> More Info...-> File -> Show System Report -> USB

Do you seen an Arduino there?

Where did you buy your Arduino from?

i am just getting back into my arduino after updating to 10.7.3 and i too am missing my com ports only bluetooth ones. im using seeduino mega

under system report > USB > does show FT232R USB UART

is it a driver problem?

SOLVED!!!!

go download a older version for mac osx like arduino 020 or something in the DMG file there is a ftdi install and enjoy.

oh yeah go in tools > serial port > and select ur usb port

Hi!

I was having these problems too. I downloaded the drivers from here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Worked a charm for me :slight_smile:

Downloading the driver from ftdichip.com (as per link above) solved the problem for me too. Thanks!

I'm drawing the conclusion that mac 10.9.3 and an arduino nano v3 will simply not work.

closest thing to a solution is here - may work for others, not for me.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=198539.0

also see Frustration with Nano (v.3.0) USB Serial Connections - IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum
Connecting Arduino Nano via USB [MAC] - IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum

I find a solution, you must install Arduino Agent Connect, used by the web editor.

Go to this page and install Arduino Agent Connect, it works with all MacOS version (I have Catalina 10.15.2)

Link:

Bye!