Finally, actually got something done. Yay Me!

Took me long enough to get to this, but now I'm ready to start working on code. Might even do that tonight, unless I meet the woman of dreams at the grocery store. :slight_smile: Yeah, coding.

That's the proto-screwshield from Adafruit. I relocated the reset button, and made cutouts for the USB port and power jack. And a TI dual inverter on the breadboard.

What's the plate its mounted on?

Just a piece of aluminum I had laying around.

You mean, a big heat sink for your offboard regulator 8)

Heh. Well, it would certainly do that. I don't, at the moment, have anything in mind that would be dissipating a lot of heat. I'm open to suggestions, particularly if they involve laser beams. ]:smiley:

Laser beams, yeah, they need decent power supplies ...

Well, I wired it up sort of like your circuit here. Except I have a 220? R for the green, and a 330? for the red, to try to balance the intensity a bit. Kinda makes me go meh as a quickie visual indicator of over/under temp, which is where I was hoping to use this -- right now, I'm using a pot as a proxy for a temp. sensor. The shading is somewhat poorly mixed, so the yellow midpoint doesn't really look yellow.

Might be I'll need to go for a RGB LED, so I can ramp the color more clearly away from the OK state.

But I didn't let any smoke out. :stuck_out_tongue:

So it was a decent learning event anyway.

Oh yeah. I learned how much easier it is to solder SMD components when you pre-flux them. And how to load a new bootloader. And how not to hang your board by saturating the TX on the USB. :smiley:

Next up, one-wire.