I may have fried it, advice please

I am using a http://ruggedcircuits.com/html/yellowjacket.html and went to test my program. I dorked out and plugged the 11v batter into the 5v pin and not the RAW input pin. The board never started, I waited a full minute at least for it to fire up its WiFi connection. It didn't happen and by the time I unplugged everything I realized my mistake. The microcontroller was hot when I pulled it out to make sure I have the proper program installed to it. However when I try to upload I get this error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

When I hit the reset button the RX/TX lights don't blink.

I haven't tried this yet, but if I click the "Burn Bootloader" button in the tools drop down menu would that help or just increase my problems. The real issue is this is for my senior project and I have to present tomorrow evening. I don't think I could get replacement here soon enough if I wanted to. But I will try next day air anyway, but I can't afford to make the order unless I get input from somebody else.

Thanks,
Postholes

I haven't tried this yet, but if I click the "Burn Bootloader" button in the tools drop down menu would that help or just increase my problems. The real issue is this is for my senior project and I have to present tomorrow evening. I don't think I could get replacement here soon enough if I wanted to. But I will try next day air anyway, but I can't afford to make the order unless I get input from somebody else.

I think you are right that you fried it. You won't be able to burn a new bootloader on it if it won't even upload a sketch.

I'd order two, just in case...

Thanks PaulS,

I went to do the order and they are out of stock, now looking for other possible options unless I hear they will have one sooner than a week or 2.

Any suggestions?

Well I am looking at the Arduino Wifi shield. It is much heavier (weight) than I want to use, also about $30 more expensive, than the board I just blew up.... (cuss words)

I am looking through some of the data sheets and information on the wifi libraries and the wifi shield and I am not finding anything that says I can connect to an ad-hoc wifi network. I am guessing that I can simply by providing an existing adhoc network SSID/credentials. Does anybody know if this is possible before I spend the cash on this guy? I tried Google and searching the Arduino forums and haven't found an actual definitive answer to this question. It would seem that connecting to an existing network should work, the Client class connect() function seems to allow me to assign an ip/port to connect to.

Thanks,
Postholes